She "go water face"

My gal went out last night. I asked where. She said, "Go water face." :lol:

It cost me a trip to China to learn what "water face" is, but now I'm giving you the guessing game I played for months :P

I had a confrontation with a thief yesterday; he was working for me and took something. When I told my gal I'd have to end our conversation when he showed up, she said, "Be careful. Bad man. Pang pang."

I explained he was not that bad a man and that everything would be okay. The thing that tickles me is that she always says "pang" for "bang." I've spelled bang and pronounced it for her a number of times. Do Chinese speakers have trouble with "b" ... the trouble with "r" is legendary ... but trouble with "b" ??? :ph34r:

She's seen pictures of me target shooting rifles and handguns, but it will be interesting to see her react when I strap on my guns when I get out of bed. :D

My Yu was a Sargent in the Chinese Army, she keeps asking about joining a rifle club so that she can shoot some targets. She is quite good with a BB pistol that I have.

Yes we have lots of fun with her accent, sometimes she will struggle with a word, and appreciates my corrections.

Guest lilac6451

"Go water face " is Chinglish, meaning " go wash your face". Because in China, there is a tradition that before going to bed, we brush the teeth,wash the feet and the face. In the summer time, we usually take a shower before bed, which is totally different from here.

Guest lilac6451

The way my gal uses the expression Lilac...it means that she's going to the beauty parlor for a facial. :lol:

Where is your wife from? Usually in my city when we go to the facial parlor for a facial, we say" make your face" or " do your face' of course Chinglish way too.

Griz, when are y'all going to go ahead and eat those hot dogs?

Back several years ago there was a member who told about his lady who when she came to America was surprised to find that they had a back yard with grass and flowers and trees, and she loved it. But she was from the concrete and glass downtown of a big city in China and had never been exposed to anything approaching wildlife. Well, the guy's house was right next to an undeveloped area out West somewhere and there was a possibility of wild animals coming into his yard. So one day he was inside and the new wife was out in the garden when she started screaming "animal, ANIMAL" and he went rushing outside with visions in his head of coyotes or wolves or panthers or a bear or something vicious making her scream like that, but when he got to her he could not see anything. At that point she held out her finger to show him the "animal" .............

........... it was an ant.

How about that for an example of culture and language?

"Go water face " is Chinglish, meaning " go wash your face". Because in China, there is a tradition that before going to bed, we brush the teeth,wash the feet and the face. In the summer time, we usually take a shower before bed, which is totally different from here.

Yes, I'm always being told to take a shower before I go sleep when we talk on the phone.

Still sounds like to go drink :P .........