hey, everyone, i am new here. i have a question. well,first, i need to say something about my case. both my bf and i are students now. and he will graduate this may. i will graduate in 2009. we planed to apply work visa(f) for him first. someone can help us. but they need his degree. but we just know that he cant get his degree till 8 - 12 weeks after he finishes his classes. that is long. last time he came here was June, 2007. we wait so long time. cant suffer more. so, i wanna ask whether he can hold travel visa here,and then we will be married. after marriage whether we can change L visa for him in china if we bring our marriage certificate? and whether we can apply domestic cr1 with this L visa if he can stay here more than one year? please help us. thx.

Who is where? What passports do you each hold?

Change whose L visa for what?

You can marry anytime, anywhere you want, but if he or you are on a visitor's visa in the US, they will have to leave before the visa expires

"apply domestic cr1 with this L visa if he can stay here more than one year?" - CR1 is American, L is Chinese. There is no connection.

CR1 would take approximately one year from I-130 application to visa

hey, everyone, i am new here. i have a question. well,first, i need to say something about my case. both my bf and i are students now. and he will graduate this may. i will graduate in 2009. we planed to apply work visa(f) for him first. someone can help us. but they need his degree. but we just know that he cant get his degree till 8 - 12 weeks after he finishes his classes. that is long. last time he came here was June, 2007. we wait so long time. cant suffer more. so, i wanna ask whether he can hold travel visa here,and then we will be married. after marriage whether we can change L visa for him in china if we bring our marriage certificate? and whether we can apply domestic cr1 with this L visa if he can stay here more than one year? please help us. thx.

It sounds like you are both in China. First of all, you can get him an L-relative visa if you are married. It's tricky about where you go to get it. You may have to go to your home province which is where you would have to go anyway to get married - you can do it all in one visit. However, there might be some complications with the Olympics, I know they have been making it difficult to switch visa types...

Next, you can apply for a cr1 (DCF - direct consulate filing) after he has been in China for 6 consecutive months - I don't think it matters how long you have been married, although longer looks better.

I hope this is the information you were looking for.

It sounds like you are both in China. First of all, you can get him an L-relative visa if you are married. It's tricky about where you go to get it. You may have to go to your home province which is where you would have to go anyway to get married - you can do it all in one visit. However, there might be some complications with the Olympics, I know they have been making it difficult to switch visa types...

Next, you can apply for a cr1 (DCF - direct consulate filing) after he has been in China for 6 consecutive months - I don't think it matters how long you have been married, although longer looks better.

thx for all the information. feel so bad now. i love olympic games. but, it makes everything harder for us. we will check whether we can get a travel visa first. and then deal with other things. thx for all.

thx for all the information. feel so bad now. i love olympic games. but, it makes everything harder for us. we will check whether we can get a travel visa first. and then deal with other things. thx for all.

well the things we are worried about now is switching visa for him in china. he doesnt like to go back to america to renew it each month. it is a waste of time and money. even if they can allow us renew it each month here and pay them money is ok. we just wanna make sure whether he can renew his visa here in china. hmm. thx for upstairs.