Single Certificate in Chengdu

Has anyone ever gotten a single certificate in Chengdu? I was looking at the website of embassy there and seems to be the same, but also mentions a couple of extra things needed.

But I didnt see a printable certificate like Guangzhou has, can a person just print the one from Guangzhou and have it notarized at Chengdu?

Thanks in advance

Paul

she gets it from her hougou

Her what??? :blink:

"Notary office". She will get marriageability cert and get birth cert and police cert translated to English there also.

You may want to look through David's excellent FAQ pages:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P3_Final1.htm#Q2_2

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=233487

The printable page provided by GUZ is for the visa interview, it will be signed at the interview not before.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

you mean a 'affadavit of single, eligible to marry', issued to US Citizen at Chinese Embassy/Consulate? Or something else, for yer lass ??

You had a similar question in January about GUZ, what's going on ?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=29151&hl=

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

The question in January was for myself and the red book of divorce I have.It was all in Chinese and had it translated to English when I was in Guangzhou in January.The translation took to long before I had to leave and did not get my single affadavit done.

Yes I stand corrected I meant affadavit of single, eligible to marry certificate.Sorry about that, my bad. :o

My GF lives in Shenzhen and we have been talking about marriage. She is from Chengdu and all her family lives there.

We are talking about getting married maybe end of May. I was looking at Chicago Consulate but could not find a workable link to see about getting an Affadavit of single status certified without driving there and is 6 hour drive one way for me.

I am not sure if they accept mail in applications in Chicago anymore.I also saw on their website that as of April 15th all L visa applications have to have Hotel reservations included as well as Flight reservations. I have always just had the flight reservations before.

She wants me to fly into HKG this time and stay in Shenzhen, then fly to Chengdu.But still need to get the affadavit done in Chengdu before we can marry.

So I was curious if anyone had ever done the single affadavit in Chengdu before?

Thanks for all the help

Paul

The question in January was for myself and the red book of divorce I have.It was all in Chinese and had it translated to English when I was in Guangzhou in January.The translation took to long before I had to leave and did not get my single affadavit done.

Yes I stand corrected I meant affadavit of single, eligible to marry certificate.Sorry about that, my bad. :o

My GF lives in Shenzhen and we have been talking about marriage. She is from Chengdu and all her family lives there.

We are talking about getting married maybe end of May. I was looking at Chicago Consulate but could not find a workable link to see about getting an Affadavit of single status certified without driving there and is 6 hour drive one way for me.

I am not sure if they accept mail in applications in Chicago anymore.I also saw on their website that as of April 15th all L visa applications have to have Hotel reservations included as well as Flight reservations. I have always just had the flight reservations before.

She wants me to fly into HKG this time and stay in Shenzhen, then fly to Chengdu.But still need to get the affadavit done in Chengdu before we can marry.

So I was curious if anyone had ever done the single affadavit in Chengdu before?

Thanks for all the help

Paul

OK - so you wanna go to the US Consulate in Chengdu and get this affadavit.

I did this in BeiJing in January, they not ask for proof of anything, only wanted my passport, I filled out a form, they put it all together, The Vice Consul interviewed me, signed the affadavit. I did not bring any divorce document with me. I did list my ex-wife's name on the form.

Then I took that affadavit to an official Chinese-to-English translator in Wuhan, got my ENGLISH affadavit translated to CHINESE, then we got married. You'll need to do the same with the Affadavit from the US Consulate/Chengdu, but I STRONGLY SUGGEST that ONCE you have the Affadavit, you go to the marriage office, and ASK THEM which official translation office to use for SAME DAY SERVICE (go in the morning, la) for translation into Chinese.

If you have the translated (Chinese to English) divorce paperwork, I suggest you BRING it to the Consulate in Chengdu, but it may not even be necessary to get the 'Affadavit of Single, Eligible to Marry' - that's only a guess.

I will suggest something different for you (now that you've explained a bit more).

Get married in Hong Kong. File your I-130 so that it's processed at the US Consulate in Hong Kong. It's historically taken LESS TIME to finish a CR-1 through HKG than GUZ. If she's planning to remain at her job in Shenzhen by mid February next year, then it will be easy to transit into HKG for the interview. Also, take a look around here at CFL, see how the 'filing in HKG' works.

FWIW, I did read a lot here on CFL in December and January, to get an idea of what to do for 'affadavit of single status' and it just seemed to much paperwork to handle IN the USA. A friend of ours got in done in BeiJing with minimal fuss, and I replicated his effort with MY trip to BeiJing.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Thanks for all the help

Paul

If your staying in Shenzhen ,why not take a little trip up to GUZ to get it ? just a thought :lol:

Get married in Hong Kong. File your I-130 so that it's processed at the US Consulate in Hong Kong. It's historically taken LESS TIME to finish a CR-1 through HKG than GUZ. If she's planning to remain at her job in Shenzhen by mid February next year, then it will be easy to transit into HKG for the interview. Also, take a look around here at CFL, see how the 'filing in HKG' works.

Good Luck !

The I-130 CR-1 application is filed with the USCIS in the US. The Interview for this would take place at GUZ (her home consulate).

If he also files the I-129F K-3 with the USCIS, THAT interview would take place in Hong Kong (the place where the marriage took place).

I have thought of the side trip to Guangzhou also, is up to her,have to pick my battles :lol:

I have read some about HKG for marriage, guess I need talk to someone more who has done it. I did read that you have to file an intent to marry for so many days before, in case someone objects.

Need to do more research.

I mentioned this to her about HKG, but she said her friends got married in China and got their visas in 8 months.I tried to explain to her that was before the huge backlog, but am losing this one :o

Thanks everyone

Paul

Good Luck !

The I-130 CR-1 application is filed with the USCIS in the US. The Interview for this would take place at GUZ (her home consulate).

If he also files the I-129F K-3 with the USCIS, THAT interview would take place in Hong Kong (the place where the marriage took place).

Thanks Randy - MAN - I got that one dead wrong !! GEEZ ... Thats 2 in 1 day !

I got my certificate of marriageability on Dec 21 last year at the Chengdu US consulate. Took about 15 minutes. I had copies of my divorce papers (certified by the clerk of court where I picked up the papers) just in case, can't recall if I needed them. Probably a good idea to have them just in case. They are easy to get from the court that handled the divorce. If never married, no papers needed, of course. Took the certificate from the consulate directly to the marriage bureau and did not need a translation. Got married the same day, went back the next day and got the notarized papers, including the translations, from the same office. Piece of cake! If you come to Chengdu, let us know, ok?

Yes I stand corrected I meant affadavit of single, eligible to marry certificate.Sorry about that, my bad. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help

Paul

I got a single certificate from the Chicago Consulate, no problem. They do it all by mail, there form filled out, single status letter and divorce papers, notarized and certified by your Secratary of State, with a return mailer.

PM me if you want exact directions! B)