I can finally F-ing sleep!

http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/thumb/c/ce/200px-Pink_dino.jpg Go Pink !

I know it's been a bit of a wait, but HEY !!!! Your experience re-affirms my opinion that PAPERWORK IS A BIG DEAL !! The more complete it is, the more 'full' it is, coming out of NVC, the better !

Yes Darnell,

I have felt this way since day-one; it is what has been termed as 'front-loading' !! Several very successful post interview critiques have mentioned this fact in the past year. I would venture to guess, that most, if not all, the very fast interviews, had petitions which were very complete and front-loaded with information, which was critical to adjudication.

Here is the direct quote from the USCIS web-site:

"¡­¡­Don't assume the officer will have access to a prior file or record. Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application¡­¡­."

This clear 'message' did not escape me and thus my approach to the preparation of my petitions. Make it easy for them to see the depth and strength of the relationship. Don't cause them to draw their conclusions from minimal information and data supplied in your petition.

Adding to this message, was the change to the I-130 format, which included the addition of the bona fides of marriage/relationship component early last year. Therein, it was clear to me that they wanted more 'beef' in the petitions.

This is a very dynamic process; what was true and what was the practice three or four years ago, may no longer be entirely valid today.

And maybe two, three, or four years from now, none of this will still be valid and the then current practice, will have changed again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/thumb/c/ce/200px-Pink_dino.jpg Go Pink !

I know it's been a bit of a wait, but HEY !!!! Your experience re-affirms my opinion that PAPERWORK IS A BIG DEAL !! The more complete it is, the more 'full' it is, coming out of NVC, the better !

Yes Darnell,

I have felt this way since day-one; it is what has been termed as 'front-loading' !! Several very successful post interview critiques have mentioned this fact in the past year. I would venture to guess, that most, if not all, the very fast interviews, had petitions which were very complete and front-loaded with information, which was critical to adjudication.

Here is the direct quote from the USCIS web-site:

"¡­¡­Don't assume the officer will have access to a prior file or record. Submit as complete a packet as possible so the case can be adjudicated from what you submit. Submit a complete packet of information for each petition or application¡­¡­."

This clear 'message' did not escape me and thus my approach to the preparation of my petitions. Make it easy for them to see the depth and strength of the relationship. Don't cause them to draw their conclusions from minimal information and data supplied in your petition.

Adding to this message, was the change to the I-130 format, which included the addition of the bona fides of marriage/relationship component early last year. Therein, it was clear to me that they wanted more 'beef' in the petitions.

This is a very dynamic process; what was true and what was the practice three or four years ago, may no longer be entirely valid today.

And maybe two, three, or four years from now, none of this will still be valid and the then current practice, will have changed again.

Yep, all in the paperwork. :lol: We sure proved that one with our front loaded to hell and back application. :o

Good "luck" guys :huh:

tsap seui

CONGRATULATIONS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I THINK ALL THE MEMBERS HERE WHO HELP AND CARE THE OTHERS DESERVE THE PINK! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THOSE WHOSE PREVIOUS K-1 CASES WERE DENIED, BUT ARE STILL STRUGGLING FOR THEIR TRUE LOVED ONES.

Congrats!!!! Kind of takes me back to what we felt like about 8 years ago when we got CR-1 and CR-2 on a DCF.

Gale

Wife and daughter got pink sheet for CR1/CR2! I was not there, she wanted me to be home and use vacation time for when she gets here.

Interview took 1 minute.

The VO who was about 45 did not ask for anything except her passport. His only question was when she came back from work in Dubai UAE.

He asked for nothing, no I864, pics, emails, IM logs, nothing.

Daughter was not asked 1 question,

My wife gave him my original passport, he glanced at it. While he looked at it, wife gave him my evolution of relationship at he glanced at that also. But the 1st thing she made him look at was the complete pages of my local newspaper with our wedding announcement and full color traditional Chinese wedding outfits in bright red. She said the VO loved it and did more time reading the paper than conducting the interview and handed her the pinks still smiling and looking at the paper.

but, we do realize that the visas' are not in hand and will really celebrate when they are.

Also, for Chilton, Tsap and others w/the white paper hasstle, my wife saw and talked to a couple who waited about 5yrs to get a white paper resolved and they finally got a pink. Man, I think I was as happy to hear this as our own visas'.

For what it's worth, we did not submit any bonafide relations w/ the I130 or any where else along the way. We just kept the paperwork as instructed and only submitted what was asked for. When I sent a copy of the I130 for the interview to my wife, she noticed I had wrote her 1st divorce date wrong, married 93 and divorced in 86. well that went through and the well expired police certificate from Dubai as well. along the way I messed up the I864 and the daughter's birthday and they were easily remedied. From what I guess for the long duration P1-P2 was when wife worked in Dubai and this where I think the process got slow getting her background check done.

Visas' in hand. we also checked the tracking earlier for the heck of it and showed they had reached post office the night before at 6:47 pm PRC time. 2 days total from interview to pickup.

Flights are booked, $955 nonstop for wife on United. Was able to snag a august United flight for the daughter (school done July) with 60,000 miles and also a nonstop. grabbing a few more miles on ebay for their upgrades.

I would also like say thank you to everybody for your kind responses and best wishes for all waiting for their loved ones to come home.

Wife and daughter got pink sheet for CR1/CR2! I was not there, she wanted me to be home and use vacation time for when she gets here.

Interview took 1 minute.

The VO who was about 45 did not ask for anything except her passport. His only question was when she came back from work in Dubai UAE.

He asked for nothing, no I864, pics, emails, IM logs, nothing.

Daughter was not asked 1 question,

My wife gave him my original passport, he glanced at it. While he looked at it, wife gave him my evolution of relationship at he glanced at that also. But the 1st thing she made him look at was the complete pages of my local newspaper with our wedding announcement and full color traditional Chinese wedding outfits in bright red. She said the VO loved it and did more time reading the paper than conducting the interview and handed her the pinks still smiling and looking at the paper.

but, we do realize that the visas' are not in hand and will really celebrate when they are.

Also, for Chilton, Tsap and others w/the white paper hasstle, my wife saw and talked to a couple who waited about 5yrs to get a white paper resolved and they finally got a pink. Man, I think I was as happy to hear this as our own visas'.

This is a little or a lot off the topic, but do you race KTM? 125 or 250 or bigger? If so where do you ride?

Take care

Congratulations! I TOTALLY understand how you feel! =)

I booked China Eastern nonstop 4370rmb to NYC for May 7. Less than 2 weeks...! =D

And I agree with all the paperwork discussion. We provided a lot of info with our I-130/I-129F petitions, including reference letter of our company CEO (since Doug and I met at work), my U.S. college diploma, Doug's MBA acceptance letter/financial aid letter (maybe that's why they didn't bother to ask me for I-134 at the interview), etc. And we even sent in extra info after the I-129F petition packet was received, like Doug's letter and our wedding ceremony photos. I think those all contributed to my quick/easy interview. Although I'd like to think that it's becaue the VO was as hungry as I was. =P