Computer

I have a computer with Windows XP.

Now,I can read Chinese emails,and see Chinese websites,BUT,it is not possible to TYPE IN CHINESE.

My wife needs to write Chinese on the computer,not only read it.

What ever shall I do????

Can I get this software on the internet,or do I need to insert some kind of disk in my computer????

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:/candl...m+Chinese%2BIME

You'll need to install an Input Method Editor, then choose the proper character set that she knows how to use.

I had the same problem with a laptop I brought to my wife in China, finally I learned the name of the proper input method that SHE understood (there are at least 6 available) , and then she could use the laptop.

• 1 month later...

I use google pinyin. It is pretty cool, supports both simplified and traditional chinese.

I have a computer with Windows XP.

Now,I can read Chinese emails,and see Chinese websites,BUT,it is not possible to TYPE IN CHINESE.

My wife needs to write Chinese on the computer,not only read it.

What ever shall I do????

Can I get this software on the internet,or do I need to insert some kind of disk in my computer????

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:/candl...m+Chinese%2BIME

You'll need to install an Input Method Editor, then choose the proper character set that she knows how to use.

I had the same problem with a laptop I brought to my wife in China, finally I learned the name of the proper input method that SHE understood (there are at least 6 available) , and then she could use the laptop.

That is totally true. Every person is different in what they can use. My wife is only comfortable with pinyin input, while most of her friends like (wu bi). For this reason, I only know how to use pinyin input as well.