How long did you wait??

Ok so today we went to the SSN office and got his ssn (which we will pick up on Thursday and the card is supposed to get in the mail later)

So the Q?

How many days for the GC from entrance and how many days for the SSN Card to get to you?

If CR-1~

I would like hubby to get his ID so we dont have to carry his PP around!

Passport will be stamped I-551 upon entry to the USA, so essentially you have green-card (Passport) upon entry, the actual card shows up a few weeks later.

As for SSN, if you checked want SSN on form DS-230 the card usually shows up a few weeks after entry to the USA, if not then visit SSA with green-card and apply for a replacement.

so we dont have to carry his PP around!

That could get painful couldn't it? :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

actually hahah we opened his/our new bank account and left the PP on the counter!! :lol: :D thank god we didnt get too far before we checked and saw it was gone and went back to get it!! lol so I am dreading carrying it around!!! hahaha since im afraid to loose it and then have problems later hahaha :)

actually hahah we opened his/our new bank account and left the PP on the counter!! :D :blink: thank god we didnt get too far before we checked and saw it was gone and went back to get it!! lol so I am dreading carrying it around!!! hahaha since im afraid to loose it and then have problems later hahaha :D

:) :lol:

actually hahah we opened his/our new bank account and left the PP on the counter!! :blink: :blink: thank god we didnt get too far before we checked and saw it was gone and went back to get it!! lol so I am dreading carrying it around!!! hahaha since im afraid to loose it and then have problems later hahaha :unsure:

:roller: :roller:

its my pregnancy brain i swear!! :P

(his excuse- nervous and letting me handle everything! thus- my fault i left it hahaha :huh: )

Ok so today we went to the SSN office and got his ssn (which we will pick up on Thursday and the card is supposed to get in the mail later)

So the Q?

How many days for the GC from entrance and how many days for the SSN Card to get to you?

If CR-1~

I would like hubby to get his ID so we dont have to carry his PP around!

My Wife's SS Card took about 2.5 weeks to arrive.

SS card arrived in about 10 days,

GC should have been there in 3 weeks,

took over 3 months because of a wrong address.

Guess who's mistake :blink:

We had issues with our SS card.

"They" said it was mailed but we never received it (2 times).

I put my wife's name on the mail box and it was delivered.

I will add that while her GC came in 10 days, they put her country of origin as Taiwan, instead of China. So, we had to return it with the I-90 and then it took over 2 months to get the corrected GC.

Hold off the excitement of getting the GC until *after* you check it for errors. If no errors, then you can jump for joy!