Olympic torch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the run is awesome. It is a great honor to be in it.To bad is only one day in USA.

My son carried the torch in the 1996 relay in Minnesota, he dedicated his run to his mother who was dying of cancer. His school bought the torch for him. Was a great honor for him.

Is to bad the Olympics have to become political. Should always be just about the games and spirit of the athletes and competition

Paul

In 1996 my band had the honor to play at a segment of the torch run in Georgia. It was awesome!!!!

You played The Doors "Light My Fire" no doubt? :lol:

:D That would have been cool. ;) But...........we were hired my a "country" radio station so country music was the flavor of the moment. Seems kinda odd, huh? :D

In 1996 my band had the honor to play at a segment of the torch run in Georgia. It was awesome!!!!

You played The Doors "Light My Fire" no doubt? :P

:) That would have been cool. ;) But...........we were hired my a "country" radio station so country music was the flavor of the moment. Seems kinda odd, huh? :D

Odd? Georgia? :P

Interesting that right now a bunch of morons are scaling the golden gate bridge and hanging giant banners that say "One World One Dream" "Free Tibet".

I doubt they will still be there the day after tomorrow though.

Hopefully those idiots will be in Jail in a couple of hours.

Besides... if they believe in "One World" then wouldn't dividing a country be counter-productive to that goal? :roller: :)

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

Interesting that right now a bunch of morons are scaling the golden gate bridge and hanging giant banners that say "One World One Dream" "Free Tibet".

Besides... if they believe in "One World" then wouldn't dividing a country be counter-productive to that goal? B) :P

IMHO I agree with you !! ;)

After watching the terrible spectacle that has unfolded in Great Britain and France in the past 24 hours, I am sure the Village Idiot crew in San Francisco, will be even more emboldened now, when it arrives there later. These are the a..holes who give the rest of us who live here in the Golden State, such a bad rap.

This episode this morning on the GG Bridge is just a precursor to what is sure to follow in the days ahead.

This is just a highly orchestrated attempt at political opportunism on the part of many radical groups on the far end of the spectrum. Lawlessness and anarchy is unacceptable, no matter what the political agenda.

It sickened me to see the photos of that ¡®brave¡¯ male protester trying to rip the torch from the hands of the little Chinese female amputee torch-bearer, riding in her wheelchair today. I was then thrilled to see the security force that surrounded her, pummel that guy into the ground. :roller:

Just like we (for the most part) keep politics out of this forum, they sure as hell should stay out of the Olympics too !! :)

Besides... if they believe in "One World" then wouldn't dividing a country be counter-productive to that goal? :hug: :D

I agree with you 100% !!!!!

I am happy that so far there has been a somewhat successful torch relay in San Fransisco. This has made my wife and I happy. It is said that they had to shorten the relay route to 3 miles so many people will be dissapointed for not being able to see it. Richard Gere and Mia Farrow should do the world a favor and just drop dead. There twisted way of thinking is so far off base.

You played The Doors "Light My Fire" no doubt? :P

B) That would have been cool. ;) But...........we were hired my a "country" radio station so country music was the flavor of the moment. Seems kinda odd, huh? :P

The man has a good band. I can see why they used your band. Rock on dude.