Education in China and USA

Guest Patrick_A

Guest Patrick_A

Hello all,

My wife and i decided it would be best for her to complete her university degree (Accounting major)in China, She only has approximately 1 semester until it is complete. She is a certified CPA already. My question is....Will she be able to transfer her education to the USA? What are the other steps she will need to complete so she can present herself as a certified CPA. I read something abour a CMAT, What is this?

Sincerely, Patrick

Good starter, Patrick. I have no idea what the answer to your question is. However, we are fortunate to have a few educators on the board that might be able to answer the question.

I have had a few questions myself with no one to ask about the education in China. I have noticed that my new daughter is very smart on some subjects but in the dark on others. Specifically, she is lacking knowledge in World Geograpy and World History. Is this common in China? Are these subjects that are not taught or is it that little emphasis is placed on these topics? The internet Yahoo messenger has been great in allowing me to teach some of these topics to her and I have thrown in a pinch of American History so that when she gets here, she will not be to behind in school. I would appreciate hearing some feedback from the educators that taught and teach in China concerning this. :P <_<

I have found that each university seems to have different standards when it comes to transferring credit. Li will most likely enter a graduate program next year as she already has an undergraduate degree. Some universities will accept all of her undergraduate credit. Some will not. Many require TOEFL scores. Don't know much about CPA requirements however. As for the test, I don't know about CMAT. There is, however, a GMAT. This is the "Graduate Management Admissions Test" and is required for admission into most graduate programs in business related majors.

I have found that each university seems to have different standards when it comes to transferring credit. Li will most likely enter a graduate program next year as she already has an undergraduate degree. Some universities will accept all of her undergraduate credit. Some will not. Many require TOEFL scores. Don't know much about CPA requirements however. As for the test, I don't know about CMAT. There is, however, a GMAT. This is the "Graduate Management Admissions Test" and is required for admission into most graduate programs in business related majors.

Still waiting for the rest of the story. :lol: :lol: have had a few questions myself with no one to ask about the education in China. I have noticed that my new daughter is very smart on some subjects but in the dark on others. Specifically, she is lacking knowledge in World Geograpy and World History. Is this common in China? Are these subjects that are not taught or is it that little emphasis is placed on these topics? The internet Yahoo messenger has been great in allowing me to teach some of these topics to her and I have thrown in a pinch of American History so that when she gets here, she will not be to behind in school. I would appreciate hearing some feedback from the educators that taught and teach in China concerning this.