I'm packing up and will be heading to china in 3 days. My fiancee has her interview on April 9. I just want to make sure i have everyting i need before i leave.

Is there a check list that someone created of the itemse needed?

Btw: after reading the posting on this site. i'm getting a little scare of seeing the blue or the white slip.

I'm packing up and will be heading to china in 3 days. My fiancee has her interview on April 9. I just want to make sure i have everyting i need before i leave.

Is there a check list that someone created of the itemse needed?

Btw: after reading the posting on this site. i'm getting a little scare of seeing the blue or the white slip.

Try here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23235

Good luck. :blink:

Benc, don't worry. Just get all the kitchen sink together and rehearse the interview, and the interview questions with your loved one. Instill confidence in her. She will do fine.

tsap seui

thx for the info.

C. Financial documents:

a. Two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with supporting financial documents including

dave, do i really have to have 2 I-134? i just got 1 done.

also a i -864.. i don't think i have that. need to check

thx for the info.

C. Financial documents:

a. Two original, signed, and notarized I-134/I-864 with supporting financial documents including

Yea, I have the same question when reading the kitchen sink. Why 2 I-134? My husband only prepared 1 copy, and his parents (our co-sponsor cuz he's in grad school) also only prepared 1 copy. It's too late to get a 2nd copy as my interview's in 2 weeks. Will that matter???

i also is confuse of the below request:

C. "Ex" Spouse (as applicable)

- Proof of residency (if divorced)

- Death certificate (if deceased)

if i'm divorced, on my divorce paper show my ex-wife name, address . can i use that as a Proof of residency ?

if not.. what do i need. and if my ex-wife don't want anythig to do with me and we have no contact for years.. how can i obtain proof.

i think that request is so stupid. and doesn't really prove anything.

also can i use public property record as a proof of residency ?

Edited by benc (see edit history)

thx for the info.

C. Financial documents:

I think he said two just to have an extra. One should be enough. I don't think you need the I-864. I'm trying to find more infor on that as I don't remember from when we filed. Either someone will correct me or I'll come up with more on it.

Edit:

Since you're K-1, you should only need the I-134.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

thx for the info.

C. Financial documents:

Yea, I have the same question when reading the kitchen sink. Why 2 I-134? My husband only prepared 1 copy, and his parents (our co-sponsor cuz he's in grad school) also only prepared 1 copy. It's too late to get a 2nd copy as my interview's in 2 weeks. Will that matter???

You should be good to go with the one. David suggests two so you have a backup I think.

i also is confuse of the below request:

C. "Ex" Spouse (as applicable)

- Proof of residency (if divorced)

- Death certificate (if deceased)

if i'm divorced, on my divorce paper show my ex-wife name, address . can i use that as a Proof of residency ?

if not.. what do i need. and if my ex-wife don't want anythig to do with me and we have no contact for years.. how can i obtain proof.

i think that request is so stupid. and doesn't really prove anything.

also can i use public property record as a proof of residency ?

I didn't have to deal with the divorce issue so I'm not as familiar with it. I do know that many have gotten blue-slipped asking for more info on an ex. You should try as hard as you can to get all the info you can on your ex, SSN, current address etc. If you can get her to give you a copy of a current bill with her address on it, that would be great. Some others who've dealt with the ex issue can tell you whether the divorce document is enough or not. I'm pretty sure it'll need to be a certified copy though.

I know it sounds stupid but keep in mind that these people have the ONLY and FINAL say on whether your fiancee will be given a visa. Whatever they ask for, you need to give them, preferrably with a smile on your face.

I can't stress enough that you should do whatever it takes to get the proof from your ex. If it takes a little ass-kissing, so be it. A little humility now will save you a lot of headache later. I didn't have to go through it, but I've seen enough stories here to know that this issue can be a BIG roadblock.

Good luck.