Cash Needed for CR-1 Interview

IF CR-1 in China -

It's my understanding that the fees are prepaid via CITIC prior to going to a CR-1 interview at the GUZ Consulate, and you'll need to bring yer receipt.

So for the actual interview? 0.00 . Most people pay before the day of the actual interview.

As I recall, the actual amount is covered in the FAQs here and also in the P4/appointment letter sent to the beneficiary. 139 USD is nailed in my brain, for some reason. There is also a IV I-864 fee the petitioner pays prior to the CR-1 being forwarded to the the GUZ station.

If CR-1 in USA, it's a different set of fees for AOS into CR-1 status. IIRC, the base starts at 1085.00 (but I could be wrong).

Hopefully you'll find the recent $$$ numbers in the FAQs here, or someone else will chime in...

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

as Darnell suggests.. close to nothing to the interview proper... The IV fee is paid during the NVC shuffle...

If you mean how much to bring to Guangzhou in general, then factor in hotel stay and if she will get the medical in GUZ, the medical is prior to the interview and paid at the time of the exam..

if she passes the interview, then I think there is a pickup fee of 20 RMB.

When my wife went for her first interview back in '05, she had to pay about $400 too. I don't remember what it was for.

maybe it was for fees we previoulsy didnt pay...hmm not to sure, but definately OP be prepared and give her enough!!! Just in case!

My apologies, ski - obviously I've given you wrong information. If you have an appointment letter and a P4 packet, please review it for the payment of fees. Something must have changed, I don't have current info anymore.

We just received our appointment packet and it says that there is a $400 visa fee in there. Double check the info they sent you. :headbang:

Hey Sadie - can you verify one thing for me ?

Does your appointment letter say 'how to pay' ?

Previously, this fee was paid at a bank, receipt was brought to interview.

Warmest Regards ..

We just received our appointment packet and it says that there is a $400 visa fee in there. Double check the info they sent you. B)

Warmest Regards ..

we didnt pay at the bank, we paid directly at the interview......maybe things have changed! who knows..... :blink:

We had our interview on Feb. 20th. They wanted $380 bucks just to get our foot in the door. There's something about paying $340 if you already paid the "surcharge". But definitely bring about $400 US or about 3,300 RMB to give them. Them blue slips are expensive!

We just received our appointment packet and it says that there is a $400 visa fee in there. Double check the info they sent you. :huh:

Warmest Regards ..

we didnt pay at the bank, we paid directly at the interview......maybe things have changed! who knows..... :huh:

The instructions don't say anything about where... Under "FEES" it states:

"Applicant should prepare to pay (in cash) the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee. The current fee is $400 per person, which includes a $45 surcharge. IV applicants who previously paid the IV application fee via National Visa Center will not be charged an additional application fee. Each person immigrating, regardless of age, requires a separate visa and must each pay this fee. If a person is found ineligible to receive a visa the processing fee cannot be refunded."

The instructions don't say anything about where... Under "FEES" it states:

"Applicant should prepare to pay (in cash) the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee. The current fee is $400 per person, which includes a $45 surcharge. IV applicants who previously paid the IV application fee via National Visa Center will not be charged an additional application fee. Each person immigrating, regardless of age, requires a separate visa and must each pay this fee. If a person is found ineligible to receive a visa the processing fee cannot be refunded."

Thanks for the info Sadie.

Warmest Regards ...