Eligibility for DCF or not?

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before but I don't have much time to search at the moment. smile.gif

I've been in China with my wife for 7 months now, and we had just sent our packet (for CR1-) to the chicago lockbox a few weeks ago. Now I was actually wondering if it would be possible, and faster, if I just sent another packet to the consulate here in Shenyang instead?

A few things though that I've been told. I was told that I absolutely need a permanant resident permit, and I as I understand, those are neigh-impossible to get ahold of...

Like I said, I've been here for 7 months now, so I was wondering if that makes it easier to get the resident permit, or if I don't need one due to the length of time I've stayed here...

Thanks!

is impossible to get residence permit ?

i thought it would be easy !

go to your local police district, bring your red wedding book, passport , wife, and documents, and apply !!

You don't need a PERMANENT residence permit - a TEMPORARY residence permit with 1 year duration should suffice.

if this doesn't work for you, then i've absolutely been given the wrong information.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

We got a temporary from our local police station. The Beijing consulate said that 6 months in China and a temporary residence permit is enough, but I've heard other things elsewhere. I agree that you should call and ask.

6 months in China is enough.

Step 1

A U.S. citizen files the Form I-130 petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that covers his/her permanent place of residence. If the sponsoring U.S. citizen has been residing in China for longer than six months, the I-130 may be filed at the CIS offices in Beijing or Guangzhou, depending on where in China the petitioner is living.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/cr...and_cr2/ir2.htm

You may have to contact USCIS and withdraw the I-130 that you filed with them.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I keep posting this information so perhaps things have changed, but on August 29, 2007 the US Embassy at Beijing (the part in the Kerry Center) took our I-130 after simply looking at my work visa "Z". They didn't give a hoot about a residence permit and I'd been in China exactly one day at that point. I know a "residence permit" is different but a work visa alone worked just fine.

We got a temporary from our local police station. The Beijing consulate said that 6 months in China and a temporary residence permit is enough, but I've heard other things elsewhere. I agree that you should call and ask.

I keep posting this information so perhaps things have changed, but on August 29, 2007 the US Embassy at Beijing (the part in the Kerry Center) took our I-130 after simply looking at my work visa "Z". They didn't give a hoot about a residence permit and I'd been in China exactly one day at that point. I know a "residence permit" is different but a work visa alone worked just fine.

Thats wot I learned too - a work permit will 'take precedence' over a residence permit.