China does not see itself as a Super Power

Guest Tony n Terrific

In China if you are born a farmer, that's pretty much it for you.

And that may be why they get a bone tossed to them to have more kids... China isn't going to give up it's attempts to feed it's own country as much as possible... And my feeling is that their push towards alternate and renewable energy is another sign they really don't want to go outside their borders too much if they can help it.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike and Lily

Or just maybe they are smart enough to look at the rest of the world and see what happens when other countries are hosed by buying outsourced commodities?

China knows that because they (along with most others) are getting hosed by needing to buy foreign oil.

Of course they are. My point is they are DOING something about it. There is no reason the U.S. should not be self sufficient except the lack of leadership at the top to attain it. Maybe the money being thrown around to keep the status quo by the folks making it hand over fist?

Guest Mike and Lily

Of course they are. My point is they are DOING something about it. There is no reason the U.S. should not be self sufficient except the lack of leadership at the top to attain it. Maybe the money being thrown around to keep the status quo by the folks making it hand over fist?

Don't get me started about the Bush energy policy. Or most of Bush's policies for that matter. Let's just say that OPEC will likely have us by the balls for many years to come. It will take us many years to decrease our oil dependence unless much higher prices force us to do it first.