So after my wifey becomes a citizen, she wants to sponser her little sister to immigrate to the US. So I check on the USCIS website bulletin and see that it takes around 12 years to process. WTF! No wonder we have so many illegals in this country. If my wife was Mexican, I think I'd have her sister just jump the border. There really needs to be some kind of visa reform.

Yep, about right

NVC is currently processing I-130 filed for Family 4th pref filed Dec 15 1996.

Fam-ily 4th CHINA-mainland born 15DEC96
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4177.html

Much better than siblings in the Philippians, they are looking at petitions filed back in 1986.

...so does anyone know about getting a Mexican visa for a Chinese?

I looked into that back years ago. It was going to be difficult. I called the Mexican Embassy in Beijing and they said if she went there they would give her an application. Since then I've heard she would not have gotten a visitor visa anyway, they don't want foreigners. Oddly enough, the embassy of Jamaica said they did not have a policy against Chinese people.

I was just joshin about the Mexican visa thing anyway. But I did find a great site for immigration reform.

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer

and their goals:

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?page...nter_friendly=1

great. they're just a fantastic organization

You have me very curious where you stand on immigration reform.

On one hand you tell you want your wife's sister to come to the US.

Then you show support for reform that will make this impossible.

I read through the second link. Yes, it shows they support more secure borders, increased work force, crackdown on illegal aliens with no ammnesty.. yada,yada. It sound like they are really want good immigration reform, but they also are pushing for smart people only and no extended family. This means they want to say never for your wife's sister.

I agree with most of their version of immigration reform, but not with these parts.

First, it is important to not to exclude the unskilled workers. These are the many illegal mexicans jumping our borders now to work in our fileds. Work that no American wants to do, so it is important to keep a legal avenue open to them or some how some way they will get here any way.

Second, I do agree extended family visas are given out much too liberally. Even workers, who have only been to the US for a short duration can apply for their family to come to the US. Narrow this down to American Citizens only. Citizenship should have it's perks. Besides just getting to the front of the line. You should have access to visas no one else can sponsor. Not everything should be about the economics of America.

Third, how is the reduction of H1-B visas going to help the US economy? Many companies have figured out a way around this rule. It's called outsourcing. Given the economics, place a high enough burden on them for cost and they figure out a way to take the whole company to a different country. So hmm, bring a few foreign workers for them or lose the whole company. Let's see what is your choice? Oh, yeah, one of the individuals requesting a hike in the H1-B visa is you guessed it, Microsoft's Bill Gates. Intel already operates in China, do we dare want Bill to take his company there as well??

Guest Rob & Jin

it was sarcasm. F.A.I.R. (Federation for American Immigration Reform) is a horrible, xenophobic organization.

I guess they figure the old ,the poor and the unskilled should not be able to immigrate here anymore dont , just yuppies. :pash:

it was sarcasm. F.A.I.R. (Federation for American Immigration Reform) is a horrible, xenophobic organization.

Ok, makes since now that I re-read your post. Sometimes sarcasm is a little tricky to pick up on here, until you get use to the way someone posts. Are you sure it's not Federation for American Immigration Restrictions? That could also work and be more descriptive of the organization.

I love the line "to do work Americans don't want" my employer has brought in 1200 workers from Nigeria because they could not find people in the US to work on a production line for $7/hr in Tenn or Ala even here in Tx. Oh 200 of them have disappeared that would be 200 possible terrorists let into this country in the name of big corp America.

Oh and this company is a Canadian company I wonder if they are going to be held liable for the cost incurred on finding and returning these people to their country.

I love the line "to do work Americans don't want" my employer has brought in 1200 workers from Nigeria because they could not find people in the US to work on a production line for $7/hr in Tenn or Ala even here in Tx. Oh 200 of them have disappeared that would be 200 possible terrorists let into this country in the name of big corp America.

Oh and this company is a Canadian company I wonder if they are going to be held liable for the cost incurred on finding and returning these people to their country.

I would love to see this company fined big time, although I know it won't happen if they followed standard protocol. I have a problem with a company claiming Americans won't do assembly line work. Many Americans perform this work, but not for $7 per hour. The company should either raise their wages to attract Americans or pack up and go home. It's one thing to know most Americans won't pick produce at any wage and quite another to say they won't sit inside a warm build and put things together. This is obviously a company that has abused the intent of the H1-B visa. Send them home to make room for Bill's openings.

It's not that Americans won't do the work. It's that the companies don't want to pay a livable wage for Americans. Of course you can get Nigerians etc. to do the work cheaper. Those amounts equal pretty good money that they can send home. It will go a long way in a country where the currency is valued lower.

And they are willing/able to live 10 people to a house and conditions such as that. It's a wage that may work for someone under those very special circumstances: working temporarily, living under cramped conditions, in order to try to send as much money as possible back home. But for an average American trying to actually live what we call a life, with a family, that wage doesn't work.

It's not a matter of "the jobs Americans won't do anymore." It's a matter of wages that are not living wages. Americans would still do most any job, including picking produce, if it paid a living wage.

Guest Mike and Lily

So after my wifey becomes a citizen, she wants to sponser her little sister to immigrate to the US. So I check on the USCIS website bulletin and see that it takes around 12 years to process. WTF! No wonder we have so many illegals in this country. If my wife was Mexican, I think I'd have her sister just jump the border. There really needs to be some kind of visa reform.

If your wife's sister wants to come here, it looks like she'll need to do it the old fashioned way and get an American husband.

If your wife's sister wants to come here, it looks like she'll need to do it the old fashioned way and get an American husband.

Yep, OP has a new post for that.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=30317&hl=