I-751 Hell

On Dec. 26 I sent all our paperwork to Vermont, money order was cashed on Jan 10 but no receipt received as of today, one day before my husband's green card expire. Last time we call was around 3 or 4 weeks ago where the customer service rep told us to call today if no correspondence was received from USCIS. OK, today I called and the woman informed me that they did sent the receipt notice and also we had missed the biometrics appointment; this because the address used by them was missing our apartment #. Missing the biometrics can cause our case to be denied!!! So why in the world the rep did not tell us this when we call 4 weeks ago?? The woman today said I should get an Infopass appointment. I tried to get one and the message received was: At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

Can somebody explain me what this mean? Come back again one month later and let's see if there is an available appointment in the next year? They should not be charging us so much money ($545 ) for such a poor service. What do they think we are? I'm really pissed, for the past 6 years I have been doing all they want to get to bring my love one home: taking photos together, videos together, printing love letters, filling out forms, paying them money, waiting for a name check that took forever, etc, etc. I'm just sick and tired of all this, show us some respect please..........

Any way, the woman gave me the case #, tried rearranging the mailing address in a way that will work and said she was going to try to get a new biometrics appointment. Also suggested that I get a box at my local post office. All these because the person who sent the receipt did not have enough gray matter to include the apt # in the letter sent. Sorry, I just needed to let the fumes out. Hope this can be of help to any of you who are going through the same. Think of all possible calamities before sending your application, and never trust what they tell you, call over and over again until you get the answer you expect.

Edited by mari (see edit history)

Believe me I understand Mari. BTW it is nice to see you here again. We've missed you. In our case they got my wife's name wrong and used her middle name for middle and last name. They refused to send us a new corrected letter so for 6 months the only proof she had of being in this country legally had her name wrong. If you can't get an info pass appointment right away you may consider trying a walk in. All they can say is no, they can't eat you.

I would schedule an INFO-Pass appointment, many field offices will do the Biometrics for you as a walk-in (Seen many on VJ with this problem), just explain that the bio letter and NOA1 extension letter was lost in the mail due to the problem with apartment number.

They may also stamp passport with I-551 stamp to show continued LPR status.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

It's always nice to hear from you all too, and to get your advice and support. I will try to do a walk-in at the Immigration office if I still get the same message at the website on Monday. Then I"ll try the biometrics office, I remember last time we went, there were few people and the guys working there were very nice. BTW, I also found out today that the case # that is written in the money order sent is not the same number to be used when you try finding the case status online, so there's two EAD #'s for my hubbie. Today I was mad to myself for not insisting more and calling more frequently, but I guess it was because all the time I kept hearing that it was taking them a long time to process these cases. You guys take care, and thanks for your answers.

...BTW, I also found out today that the case # that is written in the money order sent is not the same number to be used when you try finding the case status online, so there's two EAD #'s for my hubbie. ...

Just so you know, this is the norm, apparently. My spouse's EAD number on the check (and NOA for the receipt of funds that came shortly thereafter) and the EAD for the biometrics appointment were different; the one on the biometrics appointment is the one you need to track the case online.

I was really impressed with VSC when we sent our 129 forms in, but they have been quite incompetent with the 751. It took them 6 months to add my step daughter to the application after they clerk failed to see her name on the application. Every time I called they gave me a standard response out of some manual they were reading. I finally learned that I had to ask for an "officer" to speak with who could access my case directly. Six calls later they finally got it corrected.