moving to china?

I just did a little research on teaching English in China. I think they require you or would like you to be TEFL certified? Are there other types of certifications required? Is there a TEFL certification program in USA?

teflonline.com.....It is very reasonable and so far it seems to be very good IMO. My tutor is tough but fair.

I don't understand Charles... :huh: What does "teflon" have to do with teaching English in China??? So nothing can stick to you??? :ph34r:

"tefl" "online" .com

teflonline.com

:P

Of course...silly me...thank you Corbie... :P

No biggie, we all get old at some point in time or have a brain fart........

I just did a little research on teaching English in China. I think they require you or would like you to be TEFL certified? Are there other types of certifications required? Is there a TEFL certification program in USA?

teflonline.com.....It is very reasonable and so far it seems to be very good IMO. My tutor is tough but fair.

I don't understand Charles... B) What does "teflon" have to do with teaching English in China??? So nothing can stick to you??? :roller:

Good question Roger! Teaching English as a Foreign Language Over yoNder!!! I was thinking more along the lines of it not sticking to them. B)

By the way, just curious to know what the Chinese think about cooking with Teflon coated cookware. :offtopic:

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

By the way, just curious to know what the Chinese think about cooking with Teflon coated cookware. :ph34r:

The fire is too hot that they cook with, the teflon tastes real good in the food when it melts off.

On a more serious note you can go to www.eslcafe.com to see some jobs posted and also read their forum to see what some of the smarter, and (well not so smart) people have to say about theaching here. Register for free if you go there so you can read the off topic forum about China.

By the way, just curious to know what the Chinese think about cooking with Teflon coated cookware. :ph34r:

For Chinese cooking Lao Po uses a nice steel wok. She cooks on an electric cook top and has adjusted her cooking to lower temperatures (and less oil) without sacrifice of flavor.

For American cooking both Lao Po and Er Mei have no problem using Teflon frying pans with appropriate utensils.

I am currently teaching in China and have no TEFL certificate......or anything really for that matter. Many of the schools (and contractors) say that they "want" a certificate......but most do not really care. If you are still interested send me a message and I can share some of the things I have found out.

Joshua