Second Kitchen Sink ?

Ok, I am preparing for the overcome and my "SO" wants me to send more than what the blue slip asks for. The blue slip reads:

"Please Mr. xxxxx explain your income and current living condition. Please explain in a certified statement what you do for work now as well. Please have your parents write a certified statement and have it photographed with you and your parents explain that they will help support Qi".

Qi feels that the VO didn't believe I really work where I do and that my parents will not really help (although I thought the I-134 was enough and was prosecutable by law and the VO didn't need more also, it is a sworn statement). Qi wants me to send letters from my employers again (this time notarized), tax receipts for the houses my parents own (one they will move into, the other they will let us live in).

My concern is that if I send too much that the VO will give us a blue slip for something he finds in the extra "stuff" and just want more. I know the VO gave a second blue slip to a guy because his letter (7 page letter) was too long and he wanted a shorter letter or an outline. Please help me with this, don't want another blue slip.

Another thing I am curious about is the 001 site that my ke ai xiao laohu taitai goes to tongue.gif . They talk a lot about the different VO's that work at the consulate and from what she tells me and it really scares me.

Maybe I worry too much, but what else can you do when you think you are about to lose something so special ???

Thanks always everyone,
Scott

Ok, I am preparing for the overcome and my "SO" wants me to send more than what the blue slip asks for. The blue slip reads:

"Please Mr. xxxxx explain your income and current living condition. Please explain in a certified statement what you do for work now as well. Please have your parents write a certified statement and have it photographed with you and your parents explain that they will help support Qi".

Qi feels that the VO didn't believe I really work where I do and that my parents will not really help (although I thought the I-134 was enough and was prosecutable by law and the VO didn't need more also, it is a sworn statement). Qi wants me to send letters from my employers again (this time notarized), tax receipts for the houses my parents own (one they will move into, the other they will let us live in).

My concern is that if I send too much that the VO will give us a blue slip for something he finds in the extra "stuff" and just want more. I know the VO gave a second blue slip to a guy because his letter (7 page letter) was too long and he wanted a shorter letter or an outline. Please help me with this, don't want another blue slip.

Another thing I am curious about is the 001 site that my ke ai xiao laohu taitai goes to :huh: . They talk a lot about the different VO's that work at the consulate and from what she tells me and it really scares me.

Maybe I worry too much, but what else can you do when you think you are about to lose something so special ???

Thanks always everyone,

Scott

I have read much here on blue slips and yes only send what they want no more and yes it can raise other questions??

I think there is some slant to the VO's, we got the very nice younger white guy, polite, friendly, and only asked 3 questions!!! :D :P

Scott, at this point you guys don't have much choice. Make statements, letters, etc concise and pretty much unemotional.

Give them exactly what they asked for ... this is the best chance. Remember, the next visit to the consulate will just be a "hand in" to an administrative person, not a VO. Normally there is not another interview.

Scott, at this point you guys don't have much choice. Make statements, letters, etc concise and pretty much unemotional.

Give them exactly what they asked for ... this is the best chance. Remember, the next visit to the consulate will just be a "hand in" to an administrative person, not a VO. Normally there is not another interview.

Yes I agree with this statement. Just give them what they ask for but be concise, don't rush and have your statements well thought out.

Ah yes. Hand over documents and come back in two days and we will let you know what we think. Welcome to the only game in town. Stay positive and strong is the only course. Give them what they want, but keep kitchen sink close at hand for back-up.

First thing to do: Ignore any comments about VOs... it distracts the issue and you cannot change who you got...

I think she is trying to 'read between the lines' of the VOs requests. On one point I agree: Get your work to write a current letter and get it notarized... they asked you to explain your income so this is good thing to do IMO.

No need for tax receipts... but your parents should write a letter about the sponsorship and can also explain your living condition/arrangement.. and have that notarized.

BTW: The I-134 is not enforceable... that may be why they will often ask for more info...

Keep in mind: A blue slip simply means, give us more info and time to review it.... don't let it bear down too hard on you guys. Get what's needed and provide it to them...