NVC and Guangzhou

Guest Patrick_A

Guest Patrick_A

Hello all, I have read this site up and down and it is a great site and useful for needed information. I notice a lot of people are in long delays to get their Visas approved.

My K-3/I-129f was sent to NVC last week. What is the typical timeline before my wife in scheduled for an interview in Guangzhou? ( Barring any problems )

Thanks for any imput, Patrick_A

Barring any problems is the operative phrase here.

My k3 petition took 2 months to go thru NVC and then another 2 months in delay until GZ finally picked it up last week. Now that the consulate has it we will wait and see. I don't think anything is typical in this process but donahso has a post showing some timelines, if you havent seen it already.

Good Luck!

Patrick, now you have to take in account that there have been a lot of clearance delays at GZ after NVC sends the approved paperwork. Mine was sent out June 12 and sat in GZ till July 21 before the consulate got the papers. Maybe 2 to 3 months at NVC than maybe a month wait till GZ consulate gets the papers, than the P-3 and P-4. This is without any holds along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
My K-3/I-129f was sent to NVC last week. What is the typical timeline before my wife in scheduled for an interview in Guangzhou? ( Barring any problems )

Thanks for any imput, Patrick_A

I ran across a post on another board where the individual fiancee's namecheck went through NVC in 44 days. His NOA 2 was June 24th, and the the notice that the application was forwarded to Guangzhou was dated August 7th.

This seems pretty fast for a Chinese fiancee. Makes me want to call the NVC more regularly, since my NOA2 date is only a couple of weeks behind his.

Maybe the namecheck process is getting better.

That is about on the same line as mine. My date of filing I-129F was April 29 The NOA indicating it was forwarded to NVC was dated June 13. I have called NVC and they said my petition was forwarded to GZ on 23 july. I have not gotten any written notice of this, but I called again and they said they would send a written notice. It's been more than 2 weeks and no written notice. I only live a few miles from the NVC, I called again and asked if I could pick it up. Answer was NO! . I knew that because visitors are not allowed at the NVC.

I am just hoping that the rest of the process goes as smoothly and quickly.

jimb

My k3 petition took 2 months to go thru NVC and then another 2 months in delay until GZ finally picked it up last week. Now that the consulate has it we will wait and see. I don't think anything is typical in this process but donahso has a post showing some timelines, if you havent seen it already.

Good Luck!

Again, please be careful to note who is on the old process and who is on the new process. Your stuff got through NVC in 2 months but you are on the old process. I'm on the new process and have been stuck at NVC ever since, going on six months now.

If you came into the system after early March you are on the new system. That "should" mean a longer wait until GZ gets your paperwork but then a shorter time to visa.

At least this is my current understanding of the way things work...

jimb,

I had called NVC many times after my clearance was cleared and sent to GZ. Finally I told them I wanted a written notice for proof. They told me that NVC will not send the petitioer any written papers. This could be because of the delays in GZ from ciustom clearance before the consulate gets the petitions. They want to keep us in the dark as much as possible.

Good Luck!

Again, please be careful to note who is on the old process and who is on the new process. Your stuff got through NVC in 2 months but you are on the old process. I'm on the new process and have been stuck at NVC ever since, going on six months now.

If you came into the system after early March you are on the new system. That "should" mean a longer wait until GZ gets your paperwork but then a shorter time to visa.

At least this is my current understanding of the way things work...

Point taken. Thanks Rob.

I called Ms Donahue's office yesterday. Ms Donahue wasn't in at the time but I talked to this lady who was very helpful in some information.

If I understood her correctly, she said under the new system, they were updating their computers to get p4's out to the beneficiary within 3 weeks prior to the interview date instead of the standing 6 to 8 weeks it is now.

Patrick,

You'll see it's always changing for folks...and it ain't gettin' shorter. I'm on the the first guys in the "new group." Cleared NVC in about 55 days. Of course, I didn't get a letter or anything. I called May 25th (or so) and was told it cleared May 9th. Great news, right? Normally yes. But then that darned customs thing came up. With each passing day, I grow a little more frustrated and my unborn baby gets that much bigger (30 mm as of yesterday). But, I digress........

Maybe you'll be lucky. There's this guy....went through the service center, bypassed NVC all together and straight to GZ. But, that's another story. We'll save it for the fairytale section of Candle.

Good luck.

Dave

my timelines are below. took longer than a lot of folks here and I'm not done yet. Several websites out there where you can see the timelines, just use a search engine and you'll hit a bunch of them, some old, some new. 001 is one of the better it seems if you read chinese? be patiently persistent! it takes some time.