Hit With CR1 Denial... CIS This can't be good!

While the price makes you gulp, it's worth the effort for the consultation to check out your options.

The alternative is to wait for the papers to arrive back in the US, win the case and have it returned to GZ. As others have said this could be over a year in waiting and frustration.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Khim.

Even though you have a bona fide relationship, GUZ requires some to BUY their visa...either through lot's of dollars...or...lot's of dollars and LOT'S of TIME WASTED.

Very sorry to see this happen to you both.

tsap seui

I note Mr. King hasn't logged in for about 18 months or so - Hopefully someone else can PM his contact info to you.

There was a scruffle with a CFL member here about 2 weeks prior to him disappearing, though. From what I've read of Mr. King's posts, he knows his stuff - and if he's still maintaining a law practice by the time my wife goes in for her interview, I'd be happy to retain him if there was any problem.

YMMV.

First, IMO, Peter Paget is a nice and honest man. I have met with him more than once at his office on the first floor of the office bldg the Consulate is housed in; the last time was on my most recent trip in Nov/Dec.

Next, I compared the info listed in the 2005 CFL link, to that on his latest business card; I believe the link is no longer up to date (maybe due to the relocation from Shamian Is. to Tianye District, a couple of years ago ??

Latest phone # to save all some time: 011-86-20-3885-3168

You may want to look at the above link, I posted to it last year with corrected info from Peter's business card.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=283787

Thanks everyone for your advise and comments.

Last night I had my wife talk about every detail of her interview and remembered things in the interview that could of had a negative outlook on our case. Not anything that she did but more in the follow up or reactions to the VO questions that could be interpreted as suspect in his eyes.

People out there going through this.... Spend time talking to your wives and girlfriends about every aspect of their interviews. Talk about it a lot... over and over. The answers are there... find them and fix it before the white slip!

When she got her blue slip, some of the information that the VO had troubles with did not show up on her on the fix-it letter. If it did, we could of very easily addressed it then. I ask myself why didn't she get a second blue, instead a very quick white??? Probably will never know But if you get the dreaded blue... do not take the information as the fulfillment of the VO's suspicions. Quiz your wife/GF. Reconstruction the interview if you have to. What might seem unimportant to her at the time could be very important to your case.

I understand the VO's suspicion. I see things very clearly now. We have a direction and together we will fix this and live happily ever after...TOGETHER!

Whatever lawyer you use, make sure you pick one that knows the inner workings of the consulate and which doors to knock on. This is not a time to be bargain basement shopping. There is a limited window of opportunity to keep the case in GZ.

Thanks everyone for your advise and comments.

Last night I had my wife talk about every detail of her interview and remembered things in the interview that could of had a negative outlook on our case. Not anything that she did but more in the follow up or reactions to the VO questions that could be interpreted as suspect in his eyes.

People out there going through this.... Spend time talking to your wives and girlfriends about every aspect of their interviews. Talk about it a lot... over and over. The answers are there... find them and fix it before the white slip!

When she got her blue slip, some of the information that the VO had troubles with did not show up on her on the fix-it letter. If it did, we could of very easily addressed it then. I ask myself why didn't she get a second blue, instead a very quick white??? Probably will never know But if you get the dreaded blue... do not take the information as the fulfillment of the VO's suspicions. Quiz your wife/GF. Reconstruction the interview if you have to. What might seem unimportant to her at the time could be very important to your case.

I understand the VO's suspicion. I see things very clearly now. We have a direction and together we will fix this and live happily ever after...TOGETHER!

"Yong yuan zai yi qi"... tell her every day.

• 3 weeks later...

Khim and Bizhen:

My fiance got denied also in GZ on 03/07. She got a white slip with the same letter you got. What did you do after that? is it possible to hire a attorney in GZ to turn over the case? Please email me at ********@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Sterling

<removed email address - you can use the PM system to make contact.>

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

HI Sterling

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Do you have any idea why this happened?

What was the interview like?

Who was the VO?

Do you have a timeline?

There were a bunch of pinks slips but seems like whites are now being handed out

Thanks

Thanks to all of you who very kindly provide your valuable advices. I just got a message from GUZ:

The decision has been made by a consular officer to return the case file to USCIS for review and possible revocation. Once this decision has been made, the Consulate will no longer accept evidence submitted in

support of the petition. If USCIS will need to see additional evidence, USCIS will contact you. If USCIS reaffirms the petition and returns it to the Consulate, the Consulate will likely request additional evidence

from the beneficiary.

I have to work with USCIS again. Please provide your advices. Thanks again.

Thanks to all of you who very kindly provide your valuable advices. I just got a message from GUZ:

The decision has been made by a consular officer to return the case file to USCIS for review and possible revocation. Once this decision has been made, the Consulate will no longer accept evidence submitted in

support of the petition. If USCIS will need to see additional evidence, USCIS will contact you. If USCIS reaffirms the petition and returns it to the Consulate, the Consulate will likely request additional evidence

from the beneficiary.

Talk to an immigration lawyer in your area. You will be notified before a revocation hearing takes place, and have a chance to refute any possible negative findings which may impact your case later on.

from the beneficiary.

Talk to an immigration lawyer in your area. You will be notified before a revocation hearing takes place, and have a chance to refute any possible negative findings which may impact your case later on.

Selena be prepared for a long wait. If you need an attorney to guide you through the next phase then you can PM me. Good luck.

A friend, also an immigration layer, told me that no chance to win in the hearing since USCIS respects Consulate's decision. Besides, it ill be very time-consuming and costly. An alternative approach is to re-apply. We don't know which direction we should go. Hopefully can get some advice from you. Thanks.

Edited by selena (see edit history)

A friend, also an immigration layer, told me that no change to win in the hearing since USCIS respects Consulate's decision. Besides, it ill be very time-consuming and costly. An alternative approach is to re-apply. We don't know which direction we should go. Hopefully can get some advice from you. Thanks.

From what I have seen, the USCIS rarely sides with the Consulate and the new interview is almost a certainty.