Getting the right docs and right people who will help

Excuse me everyone. I should start a new thread.

Here is what I have with my situation. I'm lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

---------------

Help......please help. Darnell anybody. My fiancee lives in Wuhan and we were considering the K3 but I think the K1 is best for us since most of the folks I've heard who did K1 has had success. I have a HUGE dilemma. The police station places that my fiancee is trying to get the documents are giving her a hard time and yelling at her. She used to work in the military. Will Homeland Security/INS/Chinese Consulate reject her because she used to be in the miltary? One source we talked to said yes, we cannot reveal that the source said. So she tried this week to get her old household book not sure if it is the same thing as hukou that you guys mentioned but they said they don't keep the records and not stored in the internet or database anymore. Can anyone help or give me some direction on how to deal with this? Darnell, can your wife who you said knows the notary officer (in Wuhan?) help us. Pllllllease help....she is so fed up and stressed out by them. Thank you everyone for your time.

Danny

My wife was a Sargent in the Chinese Army, this is not a problem. When asked on the DS-forms used by the consulate we honestly noted this. It is considered to be just like here in the USA, voluntary service, Yu did the army while attending college, and the army service helped her get a good job working for China Post. The consulate looks at as just doing a civic duty, it is nothing like joining the party.

The only issues that sometimes come up is if your fiancee joined the communist party.

The household book will be useful for getting the required records (Police cert, Birth Cirt, cert of marriageability, and any divorce or death certs) from PSB and Notary office. These records are needed at time of interview not when you file the petition, so if you are just starting the process then you do have time.

That's good to hear dnoblett. Now I have to convince my fiancee as she feels otherwise.

That's what I heard the household book is needed to get those records. She told me they're giving her a hard time wiith getting those certs yelling at her and not being cooperative at all. Unless I'm missing the rest of her story, where exactly is the PSB and Notary office? What are the docs called in mandarin? If the employees are being unresponsive and not helping, what recourse or help can she get to obtain them? Are they necessary or can some other documents substitute them? I think I've covered what I need for K1 but she's already trying to get the docs stated above and running into a wall.

Is everything including the G-325A biographic form filled out in english and her signature signed in english?

Thank you again.

D

My wife was a Sargent in the Chinese Army, this is not a problem. When asked on the DS-forms used by the consulate we honestly noted this. It is considered to be just like here in the USA, voluntary service, Yu did the army while attending college, and the army service helped her get a good job working for China Post. The consulate looks at as just doing a civic duty, it is nothing like joining the party.

The only issues that sometimes come up is if your fiancee joined the communist party.

The household book will be useful for getting the required records (Police cert, Birth Cirt, cert of marriageability, and any divorce or death certs) from PSB and Notary office. These records are needed at time of interview not when you file the petition, so if you are just starting the process then you do have time.

Here is what I have with my situation. I'm lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

---------------

Help......please help. Darnell anybody. My fiancee lives in Wuhan and we were considering the K3 but I think the K1 is best for us since most of the folks I've heard who did K1 has had success. I have a HUGE dilemma. The police station places that my fiancee is trying to get the documents are giving her a hard time and yelling at her. She used to work in the military. Will Homeland Security/INS/Chinese Consulate reject her because she used to be in the miltary? One source we talked to said yes, we cannot reveal that the source said. So she tried this week to get her old household book not sure if it is the same thing as hukou that you guys mentioned but they said they don't keep the records and not stored in the internet or database anymore. Can anyone help or give me some direction on how to deal with this? Darnell, can your wife who you said knows the notary officer (in Wuhan?) help us. Pllllllease help....she is so fed up and stressed out by them. Thank you everyone for your time.

Danny

Getting your paper work is one thing, then which path to take either K-1 or K-3 is another story! We went the K-1 path becasue at that time is was the quickest way to ger her here, K-3 has cetain advantages also. Right now, K-1 to interview is close to 10-11 months! :(

Edited by Shenzhen K-1 (see edit history)

Thanks Shenzhen K-1. I was told by a retired (last year) immigration lawyer friend K3 was safer but K1 was faster. Right now, it appears both are getting processed roughly around the same time at about 6-9 months is what she told me.

I originally decided on K3 only because I was planning to move there and be with her until the K3 was ready but I was told I can extend my 30-day max. stay visa on my passport at the local police station. Does anyone know if this is true or subject to the city and the station AND the person doing it? :(

thanks.

Danny

---------------

Danny

Getting your paper work is one thing, then which path to take either K-1 or K-3 is another story! We went the K-1 path becasue at that time is was the quickest way to ger her here, K-3 has cetain advantages also. Right now, K-1 to interview is close to 10-11 months! :(

That's good to hear dnoblett. Now I have to convince my fiancee as she feels otherwise.

That's what I heard the household book is needed to get those records. She told me they're giving her a hard time wiith getting those certs yelling at her and not being cooperative at all. Unless I'm missing the rest of her story, where exactly is the PSB and Notary office? What are the docs called in mandarin? If the employees are being unresponsive and not helping, what recourse or help can she get to obtain them? Are they necessary or can some other documents substitute them? I think I've covered what I need for K1 but she's already trying to get the docs stated above and running into a wall.

Is everything including the G-325A biographic form filled out in english and her signature signed in english?

Thank you again.

D

PSB it the Public Secutity Bureau (AKA police) it is best to visit the one having jurisdiction over the home city indicated on her national ID card. Then take the record from PSB to notary office for translation into English.

The Notary office (Gong Zheng Chu) is where she can get birth cert, unmarried cert, and other certs. Sometimes PSB and Notary office are the same.

More data here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

All forms used bu USCIS are filled out in English, at the bottom of G-325A form there is a line for Name in Native Language, Chinese characters go there. As for signing the form it does not matter, it can be Chinese, or pin-yin, however she normally signs things.

Lastly, the consulate's OF-169 indicates Military record, don't bother trying to get one, and the consulate understands that one is not available, it is not required for interview.

Thanks Shenzhen K-1. I was told by a retired (last year) immigration lawyer friend K3 was safer but K1 was faster. Right now, it appears both are getting processed roughly around the same time at about 6-9 months is what she told me.

I originally decided on K3 only because I was planning to move there and be with her until the K3 was ready but I was told I can extend my 30-day max. stay visa on my passport at the local police station. Does anyone know if this is true or subject to the city and the station AND the person doing it? :(

thanks.

Danny

I have been seeing lately that K-3 is being canceled in favor of CR-1 visas, by USCIS. CR-1 takes a bit longer than K-3 by a month or so. CR-1 has the big advantage of being work auth, it gets a green-card immediately, allowing getting SSN, JOB, Driver's license. K-3 requires AOS $1010, and EAD takes 90 days or more to get.

EX: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=113090&hl=

Okay, thanks dnoblett. I just wasn't sure if I needed to translate anything in chinese to english like I've been reading. The 3 calls I made to DHS about the forms like the G-325A, the ladies told me to do everything in english like the signature so I wouldn't need translation copies in english to go with the chinese ones. Thanks, you are giving a wealth of information. I haven't considered EAD or CR-1 as I didn't know exactly if I needed to get a job there or not but main concern was not having to "renew" my 30-day visa every 30 days like go to Hong Kong and come back into China again for another 30 days. That would be a pain in the b*tt to say the least.

D

thanks.

Danny

I have been seeing lately that K-3 is being canceled in favor of CR-1 visas, by USCIS. CR-1 takes a bit longer than K-3 by a month or so. CR-1 has the big advantage of being work auth, it gets a green-card immediately, allowing getting SSN, JOB, Driver's license. K-3 requires AOS $1010, and EAD takes 90 days or more to get.

EX: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=113090&hl=

Whoa, thanks for your input toplaw. I hope it isn't the case for the majority of us. So far it seems, people have been around the 1 year mark or sooner. You have no idea why yours is taking a bit longer?

D

Right now, K-1 to interview is close to 10-11 months! :unsure:

Only for good little boys and girls. :sweating_buckets:

Some of us are 296 days after filing, and 133 days after NVC, and still no P-3 in sight, let alone an interview date.

Just great Shenzhen K-1. So if I move there and file a K1, I can't get a green card or permanent id so I hope the local police station will extend my 30-day max visa stay or I'll have to leave every 30 days from mainland China and come back in to refresh the 30 days. :unsure:

D

Yes Danny things are a little slow lately!! :blink:

The K-3 does give you the feeling of being together!! :P

Many choices, none too quick though!! B) :sweating_buckets:

Thank you again.

D

dnoblett, how did you two fill out the G-325A for her? It wants the last 5 years of employment? What supporting documents do you need like to show what her job role, title was? I would think getting that proof is important and then get the proper english translation of the job role/title? Did your wife have a hard time obtaining the proof and what is it called in the military?

Danny

Just great Shenzhen K-1. So if I move there and file a K1, I can't get a green card or permanent id so I hope the local police station will extend my 30-day max visa stay or I'll have to leave every 30 days from mainland China and come back in to refresh the 30 days. :unsure:

D

Naw, after you've had a visa you can get a 12 month multiple entry visa that is good for 120 days each entry. That'll get ya through a year me thinks.

D

Naw, after you've had a visa you can get a 12 month multiple entry visa that is good for 120 days each entry. That'll get ya through a year me thinks.

Hi Trigg, where did you get that info? My friend has a 60-day multi entry one and I for some reason only a 30-day max visa. I called my travel agency who also did my visa application and they said you have no say or control on how much max time the visa agency will give you even if I wanted the max???? Should I just pay again to redo my multi-entry visa and try to push for the max. allowed time? Thoughts anyone?

Thank you.

Danny