Beijing to Open Giant Terminal # 3

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Mike and Lily

It's nice to see a country able to build infrastructure. They have been trying to expand LAX for decades without success. I am reminded of that fact every time I go through LAX hell and arrive at Baiyun airport heaven on the other side!

It's nice to see a country able to build infrastructure. They have been trying to expand LAX for decades without success. I am reminded of that fact every time I go through LAX hell and arrive at Baiyun airport heaven on the other side!

Hah! Try London Heathrow ... third largest airport in the world based on passengers served ... once you've been through LHR you'll LOVE LAX

:lightning:

China has huge advantages - no environmental impact studies and no voters. It's amazing that we build anything today! Edited by Jay & Ping (see edit history)
Guest Mike and Lily

China has huge advantages - no environmental impact studies and no voters. It's amazing that we build anything today!

Absolutely! Try to build something like the 3 gorges dam in the USA. Impossible!

China has huge advantages - no environmental impact studies and no voters. It's amazing that we build anything today!

Absolutely! Try to build something like the 3 gorges dam in the USA. Impossible!

Very true!! We went and watched the Olympic village being built and about a zillion workers in temporary housing, working three non-stop shifts!!! Try that here, they want the Olympics in Chicago??

Mark and feng!! :)

Let's hope they have added some additional infrastructure to support the actual flying. For years I have flown United from Beijing to Chicago. The return flight leaves late in the afternoon. Listening in on Channel 9 it was interesting to hear the tower request advisement that the departing flight had cleared the runway. They could not see the end of the runway due to air quality and I assume had no other capability to determine that the plane was in the air

Edited by ed and ying (see edit history)

Sounds like many of our airports in the US. They have a hell of a time expanding because no body wants the extra noise, but then turn around and complain when they try to fly some where.

Guest Mike and Lily

Sounds like many of our airports in the US. They have a hell of a time expanding because no body wants the extra noise, but then turn around and complain when they try to fly some where.

Bingo. That's also why we have a shortage of refinery capacity in the USA as well as having a very haphazard method of storing nuclear waste in this country. NIMBY is motto of solving these problems in the USA.

Bingo. That's also why we have a shortage of refinery capacity in the USA as well as having a very haphazard method of storing nuclear waste in this country. NIMBY is motto of solving these problems in the USA.

Yep, thats the great country of the United States of America. Put it off now until it's a ragging fire........... :angry:

Welcome to Chicago............they tore down the first house yesterday even with a pending law suit about the airport expansion!! :( :angry:

Guest lilac6451

I just came back from china on 28 February. It is a pity that I didn't know the new terminal will be opened to traffic until too late or I will stay in China for two more days and go through the new airport. It looks very nice on TV.

Guest Mike and Lily

Welcome to Chicago............they tore down the first house yesterday even with a pending law suit about the airport expansion!! :roller: :harhar1:

There's no such thing as an airport expansion without a lawsuit in the USA.

Welcome to Chicago............they tore down the first house yesterday even with a pending law suit about the airport expansion!! :roller: :harhar1:

There's no such thing as an airport expansion without a lawsuit in the USA.

That is so true............

We have had our share of lawsuits here in Michigan over it. The truth is most of the US airports were built years ago and nobody saw the need for larger airports and they got boxed in by building around them. Now look at what we have. Under sized and no easy way to expand them without somebody having to lose a home.