New Process security check

Guest bilov

I am not sure if I know what bilov is referring to, but I think what he means is the security check the consulate runs after they get the P-3 packet back. Now the NVC does all the security checks first before sending to GZ, than GZ send out the P-3 packet and does a check of their own. It could be based on what is in the OF-169 form, but I don't know what is in that form, maybe someone can tell me that has gotten the OF-169 form.

GZ check doesn't take long from the time lines I see.

Guest bilov

Hi jinxiu2000

You are under the old process I believed. I am un the new process which bcis send the approved petition to nvc for the security check, after that is completed nvc send the petition to GZ. I have send the packet 3 back to GZ about 2 weeks ago and waiting for them to complete the finale security clearance. I am trying to find out how long that part takes

Hope this help

bilov,

we may be the first in the "new process" to have an interview date, it took 2 months at the NVC for security name clearence to be completed. I was told the Name check in GZ is not nearly as extensive and would take less than a month. I kept sending regular emails to GZ asking when this process would be completed and they finally sent me a responce that it was completed (maybe 2 0r 3 weeks) and an interview would be schedueled. I also wrote letters to gz and my fiance called several times to follow up on our case. From our experience keeping in contact with them and persistance seemed to pay off. We also sent letters and emails letting them know we understand there difficult jobs and where pleased with the job they where doing under such conditions, maybe this works???

We believe in kindness and respect, also action done in a positive manner!!!

good luck to all and hang in there :D

Guest flyingdeer

hi, guys, I noticed that you mentioned the 2nd part of background check. I am now in confusion with this check. since my case belongs to old process, my security clearance started after my p3 submission to GZ consulate.

GZ's reply to my 1st email told me : they sent out the namecheck for me. then, after almost 3 months, my finance got the information from DOS that part of my check is completed, but not all, we have to wait for the rest results. meanwhile, i got email reply from GZ : we haven't received the security check result for you....

My question is : as for my understanding, they call the whole check as "security clearance", and it includes name check in US, and security check (this is what you thought the 2nd part of the check)in GZ, is it right? or my understanding is totally wrong, actually, security check and name check are the same thing??

really confused... :lol: