China Holiday Schedule Revision

Not sure if this has been reported here before ???

My wife mentioned to me that due to the severe impact on the national transportation system, as well as national productivity, China will bring back three traditional one-day holidays and let most workers take paid vacations at times (spread out through the year) other than officially-set breaks.

I guess before, the government had designated three full weeks out of each year as national vacation times, when most factories and offices closed.

She told me that the next traditionally big holiday, the weeklong May Day vacation will be replaced by three traditional, one-day holidays, scattered throughout the year, and May Day itself will be a separate and only a one-day holiday, starting this coming May. This may be good for those of us who are in the projected landing pattern for interviews in this timeframe !!

However, I notice on the USCONGUZ website, they still show a three day holiday schedule for the May Day holiday. I wonder if they will change this to reflect these very recent policy changes within China; or if the changes in China, came too late to revise their already posted holiday schedule ??

My wife added, that the very large Chinese Lunar New Year Holiday, will not be affected by any of this. That long holiday and the associated human migration, is too rooted in the culture to make any changes therein.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Not sure if this has been reported here before ???

My wife mentioned to me that due to the severe impact on the national transportation system, as well as national productivity, China will bring back three traditional one-day holidays and let most workers take paid vacations at times (spread out through the year) other than officially-set breaks.

I guess before, the government had designated three full weeks out of each year as national vacation times, when most factories and offices closed.

She told me that the next traditionally big holiday, the weeklong May Day vacation will be replaced by three traditional, one-day holidays, scattered throughout the year, and May Day itself will be a separate and only a one-day holiday, starting this coming May. This may be good for those of us who are in the projected landing pattern for interviews in this timeframe !!

However, I notice on the USCONGUZ website, they still show a three day holiday schedule for the May Day holiday. I wonder if they will change this to reflect these very recent policy changes within China; or if the changes in China, came too late to revise their already posted holiday schedule ??

My wife added, that the very large Chinese Lunar New Year Holiday, will not be affected by any of this. That long holiday and the associated human migration, is too rooted in the culture to make any changes therein.

Yes Roger I read about this awhile back, but did not check the GZU holiday schedule? The other thing that affected this is that people got tired of having vacations forced on them, go figure!! :clapping: