translation of documents

i just returned from china to visit my fiancee and while i was there i had her divorce certicate translated into english. my problem is that the translation states it certifies it is in conformity with the chinese one but it doesn't state that the translator is fluent in both chinese and english or is competent to perform the translation. also, on the signature line he typed his signature. i need some help on this one. should i ask them to email the proper info? but then the signature won't be original, if i ask him to sign it. any help will be appreciated.

If she had it done at an official Chinese Notary then there is no problem with the way it is.

It should have a red stamp on it. The most common configuration is a several page white booklet glued together at the binding point.

And to expand on this, it is good to have 3 copies of this. One for the USCIS, one for GUZ, and one to keep as a copy.

thanks for the reply guys. its in a white booklet glued together lke you said, but only the chinese documents have the red seal on them. the notary stamped the entire booklet with a raised stamp, but not red. on the sheet it also says " Dandong Notary Public Office (Seal).

do you think this is ok?

thanks for the reply guys. its in a white booklet glued together lke you said, but only the chinese documents have the red seal on them. the notary stamped the entire booklet with a raised stamp, but not red. on the sheet it also says " Dandong Notary Public Office (Seal).

do you think this is ok?

I have a couple in my hand right now issued by the Guangzhou Notary.

There is a pressure embossed type seal on the outside which 'shows' through the entire booklet and also any photos that may be included, such as with the marriage or birth certificates.

Then, in addition, on the pages with the Chinese writing (not on the English translated pages) there is also a Red stamped seal on the lower right section of the page.

It is quite possible this may vary from Notary to Notary, depending on the region ??

do you think this is ok?

I have a couple in my hand right now issued by the Guangzhou Notary.

There is a pressure embossed type seal on the outside which 'shows' through the entire booklet and also any photos that may be included, such as with the marriage or birth certificates.

Then, in addition, on the pages with the Chinese writing (not on the English translated pages) there is also a Red stamped seal on the lower right section of the page.

It is quite possible this may vary from Notary to Notary, depending on the region ??

Mine are four pages each.......

Chinese Divorce papers, with a red stamp.

English version of the Divorce papers, no stamp.

Chinese Notary page, red stamp.

English Notary page, no stamp.

Good luck Mark and feng!! :rolleyes: