Removal of Conditions Filed

Well, we're at the final step for permanent residency. I-751 application was mailed a little over a week ago to Vermont.

We were almost 60 days later than we could have been in mailing, but still well within the period required. Would have mailed it sooner, but (1) we wanted to file our 2007 taxes first so we could include a copy with our application; (2) waiting on friends to get their acts together in letters we requested from them; and (3) well, I tend to move a little slowly - e.g., my wife and I knew each other for 11 years before we finally got married (dated for 6 ... and 1 and 1/2 of that was waiting for the visa paperwork to process ... so it wasn't all me!)

Anyway, the check cleared my bank yesterday and my bank lets me see images of cleared checks online, so I printed out a copy.

Our address was handwritten below our names by them (we didn't have the bank put it on the checks, because we thought we might have moved ... not yet ... maybe someday ....) and I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, the receipt number was written across the top of the check - EACXXXXXXXXXX - but I can't make out all the numbers!

Oh well, I suppose the NOA will be in the mail in not too long - just would have been nice to start tracking now ...

Same with us when we filed our I-485, we had to wait until we got the NOA1 letter to get the number.

Besides USCIS has been quite slow getting the new case numbers into the online case status system, so even if the number was readable, you probably wont get any case status from the online system for a while.

Besides USCIS has been quite slow getting the new case numbers into the online case status system, so even if the number was readable, you probably wont get any case status from the online system for a while.

Hmmmm... maybe that's the problem then ... there are a few numbers that could be a 5 or 8 (something like that), but I can make up most of it and tried 2 or 50 times, and it kept saying not recognized; maybe I had it right ... lol. Oh well, NOA shouldn't be much longer, and at least I know it's in the system.

I also couldn't read the number on my check. When I received the NOA and entered the EAC# it came up as an error and still does. When I received the notice for the biometrics the EAC# was different than from the NOA. Entering the biometric EAC# told me to follow the instructions on the letter I received and they will contact me if they needed anything else from us.

In other words don't call us , we'll call you!

The processing times on the USCIS website still hasn't be updated and is still listing March 2007 as the processing date for the I-751. I have commented on how long it's still listing March 2007. When I first looked at the date it was 9 months estimate before getting to 10 year GC. In two weeks it'll be one year if the processing date on still stuck on March 2007. Hopefully it's stuck on that date because they didn't assign a person to update it, if not then did they receive a zillion applications for I-751 on March 2007. I don't think so!!! But I've been wrong before.

If you follow my timeline it will give you an idea when to expect the NOA & Biometric letters.

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

Well, we're at the final step for permanent residency. I-751 application was mailed a little over a week ago to Vermont.

We were almost 60 days later than we could have been in mailing, but still well within the period required. Would have mailed it sooner, but (1) we wanted to file our 2007 taxes first so we could include a copy with our application; (2) waiting on friends to get their acts together in letters we requested from them; and (3) well, I tend to move a little slowly - e.g., my wife and I knew each other for 11 years before we finally got married (dated for 6 ... and 1 and 1/2 of that was waiting for the visa paperwork to process ... so it wasn't all me!)

Anyway, the check cleared my bank yesterday and my bank lets me see images of cleared checks online, so I printed out a copy.

Our address was handwritten below our names by them (we didn't have the bank put it on the checks, because we thought we might have moved ... not yet ... maybe someday ....) and I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, the receipt number was written across the top of the check - EACXXXXXXXXXX - but I can't make out all the numbers!

Oh well, I suppose the NOA will be in the mail in not too long - just would have been nice to start tracking now ...

I am still waiting for TSC to cash my check they got it on the 13th. We will need some kind of proof so my wife can stay employed and well me to stay alive otherwise she will beat me to death for waiting so long to file.

Same with us when we filed our I-485, we had to wait until we got the NOA1 letter to get the number.

Can you track the removal of conditions online now?

Can you track the removal of conditions online now?

YES you can Mikey!!

Oh, and SHUTUP!

:D We're still waiting for the NOA, money order was cashed on 1-9-2008. The check has a number on the top but it isn't readable at all. It seems to contain two lines, the first one looks as it is the EAD # and the second seems to have info about the date deposited. Some days ago I called their customer service number and the woman would not talk to me if my husband was not in the call. It's frustrating........... Edited by mari (see edit history)

Received the I-797 Notice of Action today for the I-751 Application to remove conditional residence status.

It has my wife's information correct, and notes that $545 was received in the form of a personal check (which has been cashed already).

Turns out I had the Receipt Number correct from the check image; even though it was blurry, I was basically able to make it out (a couple of guesses ...) and the one listed on this NOA is what I guessed from the check; but when I go to USCIS's website for checking status online and enter the number I get:

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed

* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I don't think I've seen the text of other removal of conditions NOA's posted on here, so I'll type it out.

**************The above receipt number MUST accompany all inquiries!**************

Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel.

In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an Application Support Center (
ASC
) appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your fingerprints, photo, and signature. You MUST wait for your appointment notice before going to the
ASC
for biometric processing.

NOTE: Conditional resident applicants, including conditional resident dependents residing overseas pursuant to military or government orders WILL NOT RECEIVE an
ASC
appointment notice. To complete biometric processing, these applicants must submit the required items listed on the
I-751
form instructions.

If you have not already done
so
, provide supporting documents to assist
USCIS
in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPT NOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to, he following items:

- Lease of joint tenancy or joint ownership of assets

- Joint mortgage agreement and/or property deed

- Tax returns

- Birth certificate(s) of any child(ren) born from the marriage

- Joint policies of life, medical and/or car insurance

Upon receipt of your
ASC
appointment notice, you
can
find the status of your case on-line at www.
uscis
.gov. To view the status of your cse, enter the application number found at the top of the
ASC
apointment notice. NOTE: The
I-751
form type will be listed as "CRI89" under application type in our case status on-line tool.

Based on what it says at the end of the notice, I think we won't be able to actually track the status of the case on-line until we get the NOA that includes the biometrics appointment. Makes things a bit confusing since if we wanted to include any additional info, we'd be using this receipt number ... not sure why there's two ... makes things more confusing IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can now confirm what I guessed above (and others stated too).

When you mail in your I-751, you get a NOA with a receipt number (EACXXXXXXXXXX for Vermont, etc.), but that number is not searchable for USCIS case status purposes.

We got the NOA with the biometrics appointment on it today, and it has a DIFFERENT receipt number than the one on the check and on the previous NOA. I just checked online and was able to check the status of our case. Of course, it doesn't actually say anything, other than our application was received and we should follow the instructions on the notice we receive, BUT at least we have something to search with now.

Edited by NY-Viking (see edit history)