Chinese Birth Certificate

Hello all. Newbie here but I have met someone with whom I hope to spend my life. We met in Zhanjaing recently and she accepted my proposal.

However, she is having some difficulty getting a birth certificate. She was abandoned as a child and has no idea who or where her birth parents are. All she has currently are notarized affidavits swearing her date of birth and that her parents are unknown. She says she has something called a Haiku(sp?) that has her information. I am not sure what this is.

Any help or ideas anyone might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Hello all. Newbie here but I have met someone with whom I hope to spend my life. We met in Zhanjaing recently and she accepted my proposal.

However, she is having some difficulty getting a birth certificate. She was abandoned as a child and has no idea who or where her birth parents are. All she has currently are notarized affidavits swearing her date of birth and that her parents are unknown. She says she has something called a Haiku(sp?) that has her information. I am not sure what this is.

Any help or ideas anyone might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Hi and welcome !!

Try this recent link here at CFL. This question comes up often. :D

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...egistrtion+book

Birth Certificates

Available in the form of notarial certificates, which are secondary evidence. Notarial certificates of birth (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu) for persons living in or recently departed from China are generally reliable, but are best used in conjunction with other evidence. They are most often based upon an AHHR, (Household Record) which is easily susceptible to fraud, especially in villages. Notarial birth certificates for persons long departed from China are most likely based merely upon the testimony of interested parties.

While some notarial birth certificates will list stepparents or adoptive parents along with natural parents, this is not always the case. In some cases, the certificates will list only the natural parents, covering up an adoption.

Some applicants will present notarial certificates of relationship (Guan Xi Gong Zheng [or Zheng Ming] Shu) in lieu of notarial birth certificates. These certificates of relationship are unreliable and tend to be based solely upon the testimony of interested parties. Notarial birth certificates should be required. Care should be taken with any certificate that lists step relationships. These relationships are as of the date of issuance of the certificate only. Marriage certificates should also be required.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

More here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...A/2._OF-169.pdf

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P3_Final1.htm#Q2_4

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of help and concern from all of you. The links provided have been of great help. Eve, my sweet intended, is trying to get the needed papers. If she needs help, I will forward this information to her. I thank you all.

My only regret in all of this is that I did not learn until much too late that Trigg would be my brother-in-law. It was very nearly a deal breaker, but, Eve is much too great a prize to give up, even at such a high cost..... :lol:

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of help and concern from all of you. The links provided have been of great help. Eve, my sweet intended, is trying to get the needed papers. If she needs help, I will forward this information to her. I thank you all.

My only regret in all of this is that I did not learn until much too late that Trigg would be my brother-in-law. It was very nearly a deal breaker, but, Eve is much too great a prize to give up, even at such a high cost..... :lol:

Oh, Trigg is ok most of the time, specially when he's not in yer domicile looking for sharp cutting implements / instruments.

Otherwise, just keep some OTC antihistamine meds there for him, you'll be fine.