Ping has had me drinking so much tea while I have been in Guangzhou that my eyes are green. I usually sleep through the night, but here I have been getting up about every two hours at night. Even when she is not pushing tea on me, she is pushing hot water that has been poured over a mixture of dried flowers. I wish I had my blood pressure monitor here to see what effect this has had on me.

Mike, when Ping gets to Houston, we will need to stock up on tea. She is the one who introduced me to Pu'er tea, for the very reason you mentioned. We will contact you for a fresh supply.

Thanks, Top! I'll take good care of you. I'm sure Ping will make sure of that!

Best Regards,

Mike

First time I tried it(pu er) I was running for the bathroom 4 hours later. The second time, I tried it just to see if it was the tea that made me run to the bathroom the first time (yes it was) from what I gathered since this occurrence was the need to wash it 2-3 times prior to drinking, hmmmmmmm maybe that was the problem I tried it again about 6 months ago(washed it this time) still was not happy with taste but did not need to go to bathroom.

10 second wash in boiling water is highly recommended, as with all wulongs and reds. Don't do that with whites or greens, though... you'll ruin the tea.

What is the proper way to prepare the tea for us that are pure novice at it?

Thanks! I'll contact you off list, Corbin.

First time I tried it(pu er) I was running for the bathroom 4 hours later. The second time, I tried it just to see if it was the tea that made me run to the bathroom the first time (yes it was) from what I gathered since this occurrence was the need to wash it 2-3 times prior to drinking, hmmmmmmm maybe that was the problem I tried it again about 6 months ago(washed it this time) still was not happy with taste but did not need to go to bathroom.

10 second wash in boiling water is highly recommended, as with all wulongs and reds. Don't do that with whites or greens, though... you'll ruin the tea.

What is the proper way to prepare the tea for us that are pure novice at it?

Thanks! I'll contact you off list, Corbin.

That would be great...........

DMike -

Good For You !

If you are looking to sell other 'tea implements' wholesale to your storefront customers, I strongly recommend pushing the idea of 'Kung Fu Cha' .

You can push/sell the water trays and tea making sets.

I learned Kung Fu Cha back in 2001 as it was just becoming popular, and I now won't make tea any other way.

If you do decide to add this to your line, I suggest you have 'Kung Fu Cha' sessions at your retailers, as some 'advertised store event' .

More about KFC here -

http://chineseteas101.com/kungfu.htm

I do see you have Gong Fu in your tea set catalog (Same Thing as KFC) - but you've no entries in the catalog. I note yer using OSCommerce for your catalog system - Good On Ya ! I like it a lot - but hey - you gots a source on the Tea Sets, of any kind ?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

DMike -

Good For You !

If you are looking to sell other 'tea implements' wholesale to your storefront customers, I strongly recommend pushing the idea of 'Kung Fu Cha' .

You can push/sell the water trays and tea making sets.

I learned Kung Fu Cha back in 2001 as it was just becoming popular, and I now won't make tea any other way.

If you do decide to add this to your line, I suggest you have 'Kung Fu Cha' sessions at your retailers, as some 'advertised store event' .

More about KFC here -

http://chineseteas101.com/kungfu.htm

I do see you have Gong Fu in your tea set catalog (Same Thing as KFC) - but you've no entries in the catalog. I note yer using OSCommerce for your catalog system - Good On Ya ! I like it a lot - but hey - you gots a source on the Tea Sets, of any kind ?

Hey Darnell,

Thanks for the input. I go to the tea market in Guangzhou, although it's been far too long since I've been back. The variety of available tea and teaware is mindboggling. We usually source some tea and teaware from that market, but my wife does most of the buying in Nanning. It's easier for her (she lives there) and she has found the pricing to be better. We have a parther who is completely "vertically integrated"; from farm to factory to shipping to teahouse... we have complete control over all aspects of the product and processing. We also have very strong ties to a Pu'er plantation/factory in Simao, Yunnan. They've just won a couple of Certificate's of Merit for their sheng Pu'er. I have several bing cha that have gone up 900 to 1000% in just the last 6 months. Darn it!!! If I had more money, I could purchase more!

Anyway, I'm hoping to get back to China soon, at which time we'll be adding some gong fu sets to our (very limited) line of teaware. I actually have several styles of gai wan now, but I'm having trouble getting quality digital photos for the website. I just can't seem to do it right by myself, but pros want a small fortune.

Thanks again for your kind words. I hope this develops to the point where it can be my retirement, but... even if not, it's fun and gives me a direct link with China.

Best Regards