WE GOT GREEN CARDS TODAY

Thanks Scooby,

Yes it was fast and now i am a bit baffled as I thought it was for 10 years. Anyway I have 2 years to save $ to give more to the USCIS another $545 per person. I guess not worry about this now and just be elated for receiving card Party party party !!!!!

Thanks Scooby,

Yes it was fast and now i am a bit baffled as I thought it was for 10 years. Anyway I have 2 years to save $ to give more to the USCIS another $545 per person. I guess not worry about this now and just be elated for receiving card Party party party !!!!!

Yeah, enjoy the next 2 years without the government.

Congratulations!

If you're married for 2 years or more you'll get the 10 year GC. If you're married less than 2 year's you'll get the 2 year GC and will have to file for the I-751, 90 days before the expiration of her GC and not before. If you file before the 90 days the application might be sent back to you.

Some member's spouses remained with their given names and other's preferred to change their last names when they married. This should be the choice of their spouse.

In our case to avoid any confusion with our paperwork my wife chose to keep her name filing the I-485, since accounts were still listed under her family name. This time she wanted to change her family name to mine for the I-751. All the accounts are change to her married name during this waiting period to file the I-751. Needless to say that this can be done if the marriage certificate said that she's taking your surname.

You're correct about the one charge for the filing fee and $80 for each person for biometrics.

My wife went today for her biometrics for the I-751. The last time she went there, there was a line on the street stretching almost around the corner. The waiting room inside was packed with people. Even though everyone had an appointment didn't mean you were going in at that time. They would let the same amount of people who came out to go in. Today's appointment was totally different. We went straight inside and filled out the short form. They checked her ID, short form, and appointment letter. She didn't have any line what so ever and was sent to the back to be processed. This took 15 minutes or less from walking in the door and leaving. You can't compare it to the few hours waiting time we had back then.

Once again, Congrats!

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)