NOA2 Received!

I just received the NOA2 via email from CSC. 165 days from receipt at CSC and 125 days from NOA1. I was getting worried when January passed with no word.

Hope to soon be joining those circling GZ. Is expecting an interview in September reasonable? It seems like the wait from NVC to P3 is increasing.

Good luck to all those waiting, whatever stage you¡¯re at.

I just received the NOA2 via email from CSC. 165 days from receipt at CSC and 125 days from NOA1. I was getting worried when January passed with no word.

Hope to soon be joining those circling GZ. Is expecting an interview in September reasonable? It seems like the wait from NVC to P3 is increasing.

30 days at NVC...............

70-90 days to get to the promised land Guangzhou!!

Then 2-3 months from there to get to answer a few questions, SO.........

August if it goes quickly, September to October if it is normal!! :o B)

CONGRATULATIONS!

I got mine a few days ago as well. Our time lines are similar - all is well.

You must be so excited - enjoy the day. I received my paper copy yesterday. Look for yours Monday/Tuesday.

Oh Yes, Congratulations, welcome here, and good luck!! :o B) :D

Most of us here count from the NOA-1 date; in that regard, I think 125 days is a pretty good deal, given what many of us faced a few months ago, at the same stage !! Either yours went fast, or maybe they (CSC) are getting through that late spring/early summer backlog ?? :)

Your next milestone will be NOA-2 time to NVC approval/clearance, about one month.

And then to compute the next step, it will be when your file exits the NVC and is off to GUZ, until the P-3 is generated; 70 to 90 days on average, with a few a day or two sooner and a some a little later.

I agree with Rob, that it will most likely be mid August; unless of course, you have a preference for September ?? :o

Guest Mike and Lily

Likely earlier than September. Look at my timeline and add one year.

I think the process is more unpredictable in individual cases then others here are saying. The others are quoting CFL statistical averages and borrowing also from the timelines at visajourney.com. These statistical means don't address your specific case, and as such do not reflect the many ways that each person here moves through the process. At each juncture along the way, including the interview and beyond, it is possible to wind up in cold storage or a ditch and not know how or why you got there. My P2 took 173 days. Others have waited over 100 days for P3 after their K1 has arrived in GZ. Still others have flown by quicker then the rest from P1 to Pink, sometimes months ahead of the arithmetic mean. It's safe to say that you'll get through this process eventually with perseverence over time. Congrats on getting the P2 and I wish you godspeed in getting the pink. August, September...sure, they're possible and even likely from a statistical perspective. Predicting with certainty...forget about it. Make use of this time by doing the work of marriage. Get complete understanding and make full disclosures about money, sex, kids, living envionment, dreams, retirement, lifestyle, traveling etc...and don't forget to address character issues. The visa process will end. Marriage is for a lifetime. JMHO

I think the process is more unpredictable in individual cases then others here are saying. The others are quoting CFL statistical averages and borrowing also from the timelines at visajourney.com. These statistical means don't address your specific case, and as such do not reflect the many ways that each person here moves through the process. At each juncture along the way, including the interview and beyond, it is possible to wind up in cold storage or a ditch and not know how or why you got there. My P2 took 173 days. Others have waited over 100 days for P3 after their K1 has arrived in GZ. Still others have flown by quicker then the rest from P1 to Pink, sometimes months ahead of the arithmetic mean. It's safe to say that you'll get through this process eventually with perseverence over time. Congrats on getting the P2 and I wish you godspeed in getting the pink. August, September...sure, they're possible and even likely from a statistical perspective. Predicting with certainty...forget about it. Make use of this time by doing the work of marriage. Get complete understanding and make full disclosures about money, sex, kids, living envionment, dreams, retirement, lifestyle, traveling etc...and don't forget to address character issues. The visa process will end. Marriage is for a lifetime. JMHO

Marc, you will not end up in a "ditch" !!! You will have the interview in late July to early August !!! :ph34r: And yes, you are thinking about all the right things, while waiting !! :rolleyes:

BTW, Have a great trip to HK next week !! If you have the time, take a run up to HK Disneyland for a day....your sweetie will enjoy it !!! <_<

Thanks Rog for your ever present encouragement. While I don't anticipate a long stay in cold storage or winding up in a ditch, I also know that some do. And if it can happen to them, it can happen to me also. I don't think anyone here deserves to get shippwrecked, only that some do. So, I am hoping for the best with an eye towards the pink. But Im not so naive that I believe that I can somehow be exempt from some of the visa heartaches others here are experiencing.

My Fei and I went to HK Disneyland on our visit to HK and have many wonderful memories from that day. Our plan is to relax most days on the Gold Coast, and to have dinner most nights in TST. We have taken the chinese junket in the Harbor in TST, and might take it again simply because we can. We adore HK and are talking about moving there in a decade.

Check this out Rog. Fei and I are having dinner with 2 other CFL couples on the 23rd, spending an evening with the fiance of a new friend (from CFL) who lives in Hawaii ( Nate ), and we are participating in a wedding in HK of another CFL couple who we've met on this site. So many strange twists this whole visa journey is bringing about. I marvel almost every day at the way my life has become interupted during this process and value the people I've been meeting here who I'm developing friendships with. Its stranger then fiction.

Marc, you will not end up in a "ditch" !!! You will have the interview in late July to early August !!! :surprise: And yes, you are thinking about all the right things, while waiting !! :whistling:

BTW, Have a great trip to HK next week !! If you have the time, take a run up to HK Disneyland for a day....your sweetie will enjoy it !!! :headbang:

Thanks Rog for your ever present encouragement. While I don't anticipate a long stay in cold storage or winding up in a ditch, I also know that some do. And if it can happen to them, it can happen to me also. I don't think anyone here deserves to get shippwrecked, only that some do. So, I am hoping for the best with an eye towards the pink. But Im not so naive that I believe that I can somehow be exempt from some of the visa heartaches others here are experiencing.

My Fei and I went to HK Disneyland on our visit to HK and have many wonderful memories from that day. Our plan is to relax most days on the Gold Coast, and to have dinner most nights in TST. We have taken the chinese junket in the Harbor in TST, and might take it again simply because we can. We adore HK and are talking about moving there in a decade.

Check this out Rog. Fei and I are having dinner with 2 other CFL couples on the 23rd, spending an evening with the fiance of a new friend (from CFL) who lives in Hawaii ( Nate ), and we are participating in a wedding in HK of another CFL couple who we've met on this site. So many strange twists this whole visa journey is bringing about. I marvel almost every day at the way my life has become interupted during this process and value the people I've been meeting here who I'm developing friendships with. Its stranger then fiction.

Sounds like a fantastic trip ahead of you with the other CFL members !!! :whistling:

Yes, HK is so amazing !! I imagine you have taken the Tram, at night, to the top of the Peak, overlooking beautiful Victoria Harbor !!?? :headbang:

It's so easy for Hongxia and me to just pop over there in a couple of hours, on that very clean and fast train out of the GZ East Station.

\

I agree with Rob, that it will most likely be mid August; unless of course, you have a preference for September ?? :D

Thanks for all the kind words. I was hoping for a late summer/early autumn interview so she could be here in Colorado before the cold weather hits. She's a warm weather Cantonese girl and I think it would be easier on her to not have to deal with cold and snow on day one.

Actually, if she gets here before the holidays I'll be happy.