Quick Question - Medical Problems - Vaccinations

My wife Lei is in GZ now trying to get her medical done. Only problem is they refuse to give her shots and insist she waits until March until exam.

Now let me tell you why...

About a month ago, lei was scratched by a dog. A dog we later found out had his rabis shots. Well Lei and I tried to figure out if she should get a set of anti-rabis shots. Well, we first decided it was purely a precaution because the scratch was minor and she cleaned it right after it happened. We called the hospital and made sure it would not interfere with her medical. They said no problem. So we said better safe then sorry and got the shots.

So you can see our problem.

Is there anything i/we can do? They say she can't get her shots until March 12th at the earliest. They tell her its the law that they can't give her a shot within 60 days of her rabis shot or something like that.

Can she still go to her interview on wednesday?

I am assuming a pink slip is out, if she can go.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Randy

Don't know the law on that, but wouldn't surprise me.

First thing that comes to mind would be to find another place to do the shots. My understanding is that any place can do the shots as long as they issue the yellow card. Then take the yellow card to the OTHER exam place in GZ. There are 2 of them.

Don't know if Clifford Hospital in South GZ (Panyu) can do the yellow card, but I would think they could. They cater to many foreigners and are pretty up to date.

My wife Lei is in GZ now trying to get her medical done. Only problem is they refuse to give her shots and insist she waits until March until exam.

Now let me tell you why...

About a month ago, lei was scratched by a dog. A dog we later found out had his rabis shots. Well Lei and I tried to figure out if she should get a set of anti-rabis shots. Well, we first decided it was purely a precaution because the scratch was minor and she cleaned it right after it happened. We called the hospital and made sure it would not interfere with her medical. They said no problem. So we said better safe then sorry and got the shots.

So you can see our problem.

Is there anything i/we can do? They say she can't get her shots until March 12th at the earliest. They tell her its the law that they can't give her a shot within 60 days of her rabis shot or something like that.

Can she still go to her interview on wednesday?

I am assuming a pink slip is out, if she can go.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Randy

She does not need vacinations to get a visa. she will need them for the AOS interview after she gets to the US. If she gets them in china-fine. If not-no problem, she can get them in the US.

K-3 or CR-1 interview?

If K-3 you can hold on the shots, they are not required for K-3, they will be needed later when you adjust status.

If CR-1 or IR-1 interview, the shots need to be done before visa interview, and should be take care of when doing the visa medical exam for the interview.

Their are 2 medical centers in Guangzhou that handle the visa medicals, and do the vaccinations, my wife had the vaccinations done at the med center on Shamian island after her K-1 interview.

K-3 or CR-1 interview?

If K-3 you can hold on the shots, they are not required for K-3, they will be needed later when you adjust status.

If CR-1 or IR-1 interview, the shots need to be done before visa interview, and should be take care of when doing the visa medical exam for the interview.

Their are 2 medical centers in Guangzhou that handle the visa medicals, and do the vaccinations, my wife had the vaccinations done at the med center on Shamian island after her K-1 interview.

THANKS!

for all the input..

I will tell my wife to check out the other hospital and talk to them. Yes we are DCF and I am not sure if we are CR1 or K3, my lawyer, Roger from Nanning, said he was filing for both. I think it said CR1 on our letter... don't know though.

I am curious if they will let her take the interview? or if they will dismiss before the interview?

Thanks again guys.. much appreciated!

K-3 or CR-1 interview?

THANKS!

for all the input..

I will tell my wife to check out the other hospital and talk to them. Yes we are DCF and I am not sure if we are CR1 or K3, my lawyer, Roger from Nanning, said he was filing for both. I think it said CR1 on our letter... don't know though.

I am curious if they will let her take the interview? or if they will dismiss before the interview?

Thanks again guys.. much appreciated!

DCF IS CR-1, YOU will need vaccinations BEFORE the visa interview.

So they won't even interview her without her shots?

So they will just ask her to leave? or will they reschedule the appointment or what?

thanks,

randy

They do interview without the vaccinations but they will blue slip for the vaccination records.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Only three things needed for persons in out age group.

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
  • Varicella (AKA Chicken Pox)

One other member reported recently prepared for K-3 interview, but consulate received the I-130 case for (CR-1) so dropped the K-3 and interviewed for CR-1, the member had not done vaccinations thinking that K-3 was being interviewed for. They got blue slip requesting the vaccinations. I believe they were able to turn in the vaccination record a few days after the interview.