W2s, are they really necessary?

Are W2s really necessary to bring as financial support documentation for the interview? Or can one just bring the tax record that can be requested for the IRS?

I know this question may seem trivial, but it could actually impact me a lot. Thanks a lot!

The IRS transcripts will do just fine and 3 years worth is the norm!! <_<

Are W2s really necessary to bring as financial support documentation for the interview? Or can one just bring the tax record that can be requested for the IRS?

I know this question may seem trivial, but it could actually impact me a lot. Thanks a lot!

Mark's right, the transcripts meet the requirement. But if you can take/send the W2s or copies, I'd do it. Why take a chance? :surprise:

Get simple IRS transcripts they substitute fine for (1040/W2/1099) .

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.