Beneficiary in School

Is it frowned upon or a basis for rejection if the beneficiary is in school during the time of interview? It's pretty obvious that if the beneficiary is attempting an interview for a K visa that she doesn't care about the school or not?

Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks much.

Guest Rob & Jin

Is it frowned upon or a basis for rejection if the beneficiary is in school during the time of interview? It's pretty obvious that if the beneficiary is attempting an interview for a K visa that she doesn't care about the school or not?

Thanks much.

As long as s/he is of a legal age to marry, I cant see that it matters to USCIS.

Good luck

Thanks much.

Thanks for the information. My fiance will be dropping school after this spring semester in hopes for a summer interview.

Guest Rob & Jin

more like a late August or september interview :unsure:

So you could probably get the summer in as well.

just a wee question whats she doing in school/ University, how far from graduating, it may help her to get work here if she finishes.

If she wants to continue to study here, she will need to get her credits there as official school/uni transcripts , translated , notarised and evaluated by one of the DOE approved companies that do that here. Well at least thats what I had to do.

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

She's in her second year at the University right now. We've both decided that she will restart school here. She's studying English right now so none of the credits will transfer and none of the politics (marx and mao's theories) will transfer either. She's pretty much back at square one anyways.

Thanks for the input all!

Guest Rob & Jin

She's in her second year at the University right now. We've both decided that she will restart school here. She's studying English right now so none of the credits will transfer and none of the politics (marx and mao's theories) will transfer either. She's pretty much back at square one anyways.

They should transfer, doesnt matter it was not taught in English.

I am in the same situation. Praying on a interview before the end of the summer. She is in her third year. Just departed for home for the winter break.

I am in the same situation. Praying on a interview before the end of the summer. She is in her third year. Just departed for home for the winter break.

Which brings me to a thought. My fiance is studying in a city outside of her home town. Does she need a police certificate from that city and her home town?

Thanks for any info anyone might have!

Mine is in a different town too and she is going to get police certificates from both towns. I heard somewhere that if she's lived somewhere for more than a year than she needs it from that town too.

PS my SO's in the same situation: English major, in her second year and just went home for winter break

Guest Rob & Jin

Mine is in a different town too and she is going to get police certificates from both towns. I heard somewhere that if she's lived somewhere for more than a year than she needs it from that town too.

PS my SO's in the same situation: English major, in her second year and just went home for winter break

No you get just 1