WHERE DO MY FIANCEE NEED TO GET HER POLICE RECORD?

Hi everyone,

need your help for where my china fiancee needs to get her police certificate. I thought she needs to get it from her present home/work location in nanning but she tells me that she needs to go her birth place city(Guiyang) to get it. Who is correct? does she need both places? Helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nelson

Hi everyone,

need your help for where my china fiancee needs to get her police certificate. I thought she needs to get it from her present home/work location in nanning but she tells me that she needs to go her birth place city(Guiyang) to get it. Who is correct? does she need both places? Helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nelson

Lulu was born in Shandong but she got her police certificate at Nanjing, where she lives. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Hi everyone,

It is supposed to be everywhere she has lived for 6 months or more since age 16! Now it does say "countries"! :whistling:

Hi everyone,

This might help, read this over!! :whistling:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...A/7._OF-171.pdf

Hi everyone,

From the wife. She should go to where her China ID card says she lives. She does not need 2 different, the 1 report covers all of China.

Hi everyone,

From the wife. She should go to where her China ID card says she lives. She does not need 2 different, the 1 report covers all of China.

My SO had to go home for her papers anyway, so she got one from there as a precaution!!

Guest Rob & Jin

/quote

Umm are you sure of this ?

that would be her hukou. Yes, you get only one report for all of China.

OK, I bow to your knowledge <_< Jin was under the impression you get one from each province you have lived in within china from the age of 16 .

/quote

Umm are you sure of this ?

that would be her hukou. Yes, you get only one report for all of China.

Hukuo is that the number game? :D

I have seen it referenced here before, it is what exactly again?? :D <_<

Hukuo is that the number game? :lol:

I have seen it referenced here before, it is what exactly again?? :huh: :unsure:

From the USCIS web site:

In response to this query regarding relocation in China, following is an excerpt of an article by Fei Ling Wang which was published in the November 1998 issue of ," Journal of Contemporary China:

Started in 1952, the hukou (household registration) system has institutionally separated the rural Chinese from urban residents and controls the mobility of the populace. In 1958, a nationwide hukou system was finally implemented. It has contributed institutionally to the maintenance of a typical dual economy, which still exists in today's PRC. This system requires every Chinese citizen to be registered with the hukou authority or the hukou police at birth. The categorization (urban or rural), location, or unit affiliation are documented and verified to be the person's permanent hukou record. A person's hukou is determined by his mother's hukou rather than the birthplace. A mother with rural hukou, for example, could only give her children a rural hukou despite the fact that the children may have been born in a city and even fathered by an urban resident. One cannot acquire legal permanent residence, and thus generally a job and all the community-membership-based benefits and privileges, in places other than where one's hukou is. Only through the proper authorization of the government can one change one's hukou location and status, especially the categorization from rural to urban. There are a few other very narrow channels for crossing the hukou barriers: passing college entrance exams, joining the military and becoming an officer (and thus a cadre qualified to have an urban hukou), or some marriage schemes. The increasing gap between the rural and the urban economies, caused by the hukou system, has led to increasing disparity between living standards in the 'two Chinas'.

Hukuo is that the number game? :lol:

I have seen it referenced here before, it is what exactly again?? :huh: :unsure:

From the USCIS web site:

In response to this query regarding relocation in China, following is an excerpt of an article by Fei Ling Wang which was published in the November 1998 issue of ," Journal of Contemporary China:

Started in 1952, the hukou (household registration) system has institutionally separated the rural Chinese from urban residents and controls the mobility of the populace. In 1958, a nationwide hukou system was finally implemented. It has contributed institutionally to the maintenance of a typical dual economy, which still exists in today's PRC. This system requires every Chinese citizen to be registered with the hukou authority or the hukou police at birth. The categorization (urban or rural), location, or unit affiliation are documented and verified to be the person's permanent hukou record. A person's hukou is determined by his mother's hukou rather than the birthplace. A mother with rural hukou, for example, could only give her children a rural hukou despite the fact that the children may have been born in a city and even fathered by an urban resident. One cannot acquire legal permanent residence, and thus generally a job and all the community-membership-based benefits and privileges, in places other than where one's hukou is. Only through the proper authorization of the government can one change one's hukou location and status, especially the categorization from rural to urban. There are a few other very narrow channels for crossing the hukou barriers: passing college entrance exams, joining the military and becoming an officer (and thus a cadre qualified to have an urban hukou), or some marriage schemes. The increasing gap between the rural and the urban economies, caused by the hukou system, has led to increasing disparity between living standards in the 'two Chinas'.

Thanks for the info............

Hi everyone,

Lulu was born in Shandong but she got her police certificate at Nanjing, where she lives. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thanks you your reply. i now think thats the most logical the way i read the requirements. But my SO was told by her english classmates to go back to her birth city where she lived since age 16. So since she needed go go back for her single(never married) certificate she decided go get her police record there too. But now she is telling me the police in her birth city is giving her a hard time. I hope to find out soon why she is saying this. Hope to report back on this. thanks.