1-3 Years Tax

I am planning to use 2008 tax and employment information as last year's tax for early 2009 interview. What if the last two years 2006-2007 wasn't above the 125% poverty line? Does all the interviewers look all the way to 1-3 years tax? If they do ask for all three years, and it shows that the first two years I made less then the third year, would that hurt me by any chance? I hope it won't be a problem as long as 2008 is 125% above poverty level and the employer letter will be convincing enough. Looking forward to hear from you all. Thanks in advance! :)

Guest Rob & Jin

I am planning to use 2008 tax and employment information as last year's tax for early 2009 interview. What if the last two years 2006-2007 wasn't above the 125% poverty line? Does all the interviewers look all the way to 1-3 years tax? If they do ask for all three years, and it shows that the first two years I made less then the third year, would that hurt me by any chance? I hope it won't be a problem as long as 2008 is 125% above poverty level and the employer letter will be convincing enough. Looking forward to hear from you all. Thanks in advance! :)

You will be fine, dont worry

I may be wrong but I don't think the 2006-2007 years will even play into the factors. You should be ok................

It's hard to say. Some people have reported that the VO looked at all three years of tax information, some that the VO looked only at the last year. But in my case, the VO didn't ask for any financial information at all. It sounds like you shouldn't have a problem, but remember that if the VO wants to fail you they will look for any little reason to do so.

If you really want to play it safe, you could get a co-sponsor.