original police certificate?

When I went to get my wifes police certificate notarized the notary office kepted the original written one from the police department and issued thier own version in Chinese language and english translation. Do I need the original one from the police department to go with the one from the notary office or will the one from the notary office be good enough?

When I went to get my wifes police certificate notarized the notary office kepted the original written one from the police department and issued thier own version in Chinese language and english translation. Do I need the original one from the police department to go with the one from the notary office or will the one from the notary office be good enough?

The notary copy will be fine, no worries.

That's what we have, too. So it seems a norm to do so here.

It is interesting that they retained the original ??

They do not do this for other doc's such as birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, etc., that Lao Po and I previously have had notarized in beautiful downtown GZ.

Question: Since they did retain the orig, did you get multiple copies of the notarized version, or just one ??

My wife will go into Guangzhou City next week, to get the police certificate notarized. Obtaining the certificate was quick and easy for her. The notary will take about three work days, from past experience, as the Guangzhou Notary office is always packed. Lao Po uses the same man for each of our transactions. He is the most senior notary and is very helpful and cordial, each time we 'drop in'. ;)

Question: Since they did retain the orig, did you get multiple copies of the notarized version, or just one ??

Hi Roger,

We got 2 notarized copies for all the certificates (single, police, divorce, birth....). They will take one copy each and tear them into pieces and put whatever pages they need into the sealed envelope when you go pick up the medical result. Get a extra copy in case the clerk had a bad day and broke the first copy.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Just a tip. You will need a notarized birth certificate after you pass the interview and return to the states, so make sure you have some extras done to avoid a lot of trouble later.

Yes, notarized birth certificate is needed when Lulu applied her SSN and medical exam for AOS. Get a extra copy.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Just a tip. You will need a notarized birth certificate after you pass the interview and return to the states, so make sure you have some extras done to avoid a lot of trouble later.

Yes, notarized birth certificate is needed when Lulu applied her SSN and medical exam for AOS. Get a extra copy.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Remember you do not have to send in the notarized BC (or any other original document) with your AOS (or other application) package to USCIS. You keep the originals and send in a copy of it. USCIS only asks for a copy now, but retains the right to ask for an original of the copy you send.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Passport also works just fine for these things. Jiaying never bothered to get extra copies of her birth certificate (in fact it was everything I could do to have her get just get ONE for her son's AOS application).

Of course, it's good advice to get extra copies, but if you don't have them, you're probably okay with the passport.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Passport also works just fine for these things. Jiaying never bothered to get extra copies of her birth certificate (in fact it was everything I could do to have her get just get ONE for her son's AOS application).

Of course, it's good advice to get extra copies, but if you don't have them, you're probably okay with the passport.

In the states it becomes more important if a child is involved. The childs birth certificate will show the releationship to the mother. The marriage of the mother to you creates the (legal) stepchild releationship. This can be used when you apply for health insurance at work. Some companies will allow a step child to be picked up if you can prove the releationship via birth certificate. Each company has a different set of policies, so always best to check with your HR department ahead of time. It is much easier to get papers while still in China than wait until after their arrival, only to find out you need something from back in China.

This can be used when you apply for health insurance at work. Some companies will allow a step child to be picked up if you can prove the releationship via birth certificate. Each company has a different set of policies, so always best to check with your HR department ahead of time.[/b] It is much easier to get papers while still in China than wait until after their arrival, only to find out you need something from back in China.

Yes, this is true.

I submitted notarized copies of our marriage certificate, and both birth certificates to my Agency¡¯s personnel bureau early-on, during the special open enrollment period. Both Lao Po and daughter have been covered under my Blue Cross medical and dental plans, since shortly after our marriage and thus, even before their arrival in the US.

Additionally, since I had accomplished this early in the process, I was able to include the evidence of medical/dental insurance as an exhibit, under the evidence of bona fides of marriage section, within my I-130 and I-129F, for K-3 and K-4.