Chinese Birthday!!

This is the time of year that I went to China for my first of three trips in 2007!! It is a very sad time right now, the whole process is wearing me down, I miss her greatly and on top of that tomorrow (1/17) is her birthday!!

1. How do you say happy birthday in Chinese?

2. What is a normal gift for your Mrs. in China, anything special?

3. What have those of you in waiting sent for gifts?

Our P-4 should be in the next month and the only good thing is that she will miss her first year of snow and we will have a spring wedding!!!

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! :wub: :P

This is the time of year that I went to China for my first of three trips in 2007!! It is a very sad time right now, the whole process is wearing me down, I miss her greatly and on top of that tomorrow (1/17) is her birthday!!

Our P-4 should be in the next month and the only good thing is that she will miss her first year of snow and we will have a spring wedding!!!

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! :Dah: :P

Mark old buddy. It's her birthday right now. Call her. That should cheer both of you up. :wub:

p.s. I sent flowers but you'd better hurry. :o

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! :o :wub:

Mark old buddy. It's her birthday right now. Call her. That should cheer both of you up. :Dah:

My feng took today (There anyway) off from work to enjoy the day. So if I know her she will still be........ :P

I did send her this along with an electronic birthday card and some $$ to go shopping with!!!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9360/7655oe9.jpg

:Dah:

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! :( :wub:

Mark old buddy. It's her birthday right now. Call her. That should cheer both of you up. :o

My feng took today (There anyway) off from work to enjoy the day. So if I know her she will still be........ :P

I did send her this along with an electronic birthday card and some $$ to go shopping with!!!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9360/7655oe9.jpg

Very nice. :o

Ya can't go wrong with lilies and roses. B)

Birthday's in China are not nearly the big deal they are in the US. Chinese only pay attention to certain years ... for example the ten year ones.

You can also define Chinese as having two birthdays ... one the standard Julian calendar date (or Gregorian calendar, if you prefer) and the other the Chinese lunar calendar date.

We celebrate the girls' birthdays twice ... and in fact, Lao Po's Julian birthday is January 17th and her Chinese birthday this year is February 23rd.

Happy Birthday Feng = sheng ri kuai le,Feng = ÉúÈÕ¿ìÀÖ,Feng.

Sorry, but with out knowing Feng's real Chinese name, I can't give you the correct Chinese symbol for it.

And it is pronounced how!!

try pronouncing like this

"shung re quai la" -quai is like "Kauai-Island in Hawaii"

should get you close

Happy birthday to your SO!

probably to late to send flowers but you can try this link

http://www.chinaflowergift.com/

they might be able to get it done today for. Just ask can't hurt

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! :lol: :D

I feel for you buddy and it is heart wrenching to talk to them when they want to be by your side. As for a gift I don't know what to tell you as I'm new to that one. I've only bought b-day gifts for American woman up to now. Good luck and here is praying that you get your P-4 soon.

It seems like a long time ago that I was in Beijing, October, 2007!! ;) :lol:

I feel for you buddy and it is heart wrenching to talk to them when they want to be by your side. As for a gift I don't know what to tell you as I'm new to that one. I've only bought b-day gifts for American woman up to now. Good luck and here is praying that you get your P-4 soon.

Corbin thanks for the thoughts and well wishes!!

She got the flowers late morning and then had a wonderful day with her family!!

It was a tough day seeing how last year I got to spend her birthday with her!! :greenblob:

But I am saving my days off to go get her and the honeymoon!! :lol:

I send Xiaoyuan flowers ...or a little something ever 2 or 3 weeks.

I use this place:

http://www.flowersplusgifts.com

I order at midday and the flowers arrive a her doorstep by lunchtime, China time. 99 roses - $100USD delivered.

Thanks Griz!! I sent her roses and lilies and she loved them. I normally use Flora2000, decent prices, good service, and get an e-mail when delivered!

$100 spent on flowers, you read about the mop slap??

Good luck next month!! :greenblob: ;)