My fiancee K1 interview.

plau

Hi All,

My fiancee went for her interview in GZ with all the required documents. When she was called up to the window, after the polite greetings, the first words mentioned to her was that she had applied in July 07. When my fiancee honestly replied that this is a first time here from a far away small town, the interview told not to lie. Then followed by a few simple relationship questions and finally given a denial slip to go home. Of course she cried all the way home and cried for a few more days.

I do not know what went wrong or is it a mistaken id or computer error to accused my sweet fiancee of lying. Since I know her over the 2 yrs, it was her first visa application and first trip to GZ city, she just barely got her passport prior to the interview.

With your help, please direct me what option is best for her to succeed. Should I continue to persude the K1 or get married and apply for spouse visa? Will hiring a attorney be more successful?

Thank You for reading. Best wishes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

My fiancee went for her interview in GZ with all the required documents. When she was called up to the window, after the polite greetings, the first words mentioned to her was that she had applied in July 07. When my fiancee honestly replied that this is a first time here from a far away small town, the interview told not to lie. Then followed by a few simple relationship questions and finally given a denial slip to go home. Of course she cried all the way home and cried for a few more days.

I do not know what went wrong or is it a mistaken id or computer error to accused my sweet fiancee of lying. Since I know her over the 2 yrs, it was her first visa application and first trip to GZ city, she just barely got her passport prior to the interview.

With your help, please direct me what option is best for her to succeed. Should I continue to persude the K1 or get married and apply for spouse visa? Will hiring a attorney be more successful?

Thank You for reading. Best wishes.

What will help is to see a time line of your K1 visa app. From there there may be some answer and also questions to try and help you out. You can do a time line in your signature for postings. If you have a question on how to do this PM (private message) me.

What does the blue slip say?

This is apparently another case of abuse of power - no matter how simple and straight-forward the requested documents may be, it is shattering to be treated this way. Sorry it happened to your fiance.

Corbin and RW asked good questions if you would like some positive help??

Time line of relationship??

Blue slip request??

Good Luck! :P

What does the blue slip say?

This is apparently another case of abuse of power - no matter how simple and straight-forward the requested documents may be, it is shattering to be treated this way. Sorry it happened to your fiance.

Thank You for the quick responds. At this moment I am unable to gather all the requirements for the time line till I get home. I recalled my petition was received and was notified to me on Jan 17th 2007. Around September USCIS sent a letter of approval and stated it will be forwarded to NVC. On September NVC gave approval and will be send to Guangzhou US Consulate for processing. Fiancee received K1 package and mailed in around earlier December. Finally received interview appointment letter 15 days prior.

Every documnets and statements was done accordingly as requested by both of us. Except my one error was missing my biological form and had to resubmit with a high fee and letter of appeal, which was easily accepted at USCIS. Then it started to look good as it goes on till the moment of the interview.

It was a white slip stating the documents will be return to USCIS and that was it. I had since emailed GZ Consulate hoping they will look into it. It probably won't help much but at least I tried.

best regards,

plau.

I'm a little confused. Did your sweet heart get a white or blue slip?If it was white then that is a lot more serious than a blue slip. A blue slip is a request for more evidence. A white slip is an out right denial. Much harder to overcome. It sounds like they have some evidence that she has been interviewed before. If they are sincere in their belief and they felt she lied to them then that would be an outright denial. At this point if it is a white slip what you need is a good lawyer in Guangzhou. You want to do everything you can to keep them from sending the case back to the states.

Good luck.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I'm a little confused. Did your sweet heart get a white or blue slip?If it was white then that is a lot more serious than a blue slip. A blue slip is a request for more evidence. A white slip is an out right denial. Much harder to overcome. It sounds like they have some evidence that she has been interviewed before. If they are sincere in their belief and they felt she lied to them then that would be an outright denial. At this point if it is a white slip what you need is a good lawyer in Guangzhou. You want to do everything you can to keep them from sending the case back to the states.

Good luck.

Having 2 men petition for the same woman is not always a white slip. I know of one that did just this, got a blue slip, and then later got pink. I am not saying that this is the OP's position but it is just FYI.

This looks like a name issue or I hate to say it she has been to GZ before and has kept this from you. Please understand I'm not trying to imply anything by the statement I just said. I truly hope it is a name issue screwup and if you use a lawyer in GZ, that it can be straightened out. Good luck and keep us informed please...........

Buddy, listen to what chilton747 has to say in his PM, he is the best "expert" on CFL, and most of what he can tell you can't even be posted here.

I am terribly sorry to hear this, for you both.

Sincerely,

tsap seui

Buddy, listen to what chilton747 has to say in his PM, he is the best "expert" on CFL, and most of what he can tell you can't even be posted here.

Sincerely,

tsap seui

Yes indeed I will welcome all your helpful advise and will contact Chilton747 when I get off work. It just now I have limited access during work time.

I know for a fact she is legitimate in her application and never applied for any US visa before. I met her 2 years ago thru' my relatives during a trip to my ancestor home town in a small village. Since then I had visited every 6 months or twice a year to see her.

On her way out after the interview, she seek the the help of a immigration attorney around the consulate, show the white slip and explained the situation. The attorney says it will look into (no price asked that time) and infor her later. To date she have not got a call yet and she intends to seek another attorney in her home town very soon. Will take Chilton747 recommendation when I call phone her again.

Sincerely,

tsap seui

Yes indeed I will welcome all your helpful advise and will contact Chilton747 when I get off work. It just now I have limited access during work time.

I know for a fact she is legitimate in her application and never applied for any US visa before. I met her 2 years ago thru' my relatives during a trip to my ancestor home town in a small village. Since then I had visited every 6 months or twice a year to see her.

On her way out after the interview, she seek the the help of a immigration attorney around the consulate, show the white slip and explained the situation. The attorney says it will look into (no price asked that time) and infor her later. To date she have not got a call yet and she intends to seek another attorney in her home town very soon. Will take Chilton747 recommendation when I call phone her again.

BTW she resides in Taishan city and work as a jewellery clerk. 30yrs old while I am 20 yrs her senior.

Little late now but she shouldn't have shown her papers to any of the vultures hanging around the consulate. There are some good lawyers in Guangzhou. Here is a link to a consulate provided list of lawyers in south China. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/le...outh_china.html

One lawyer there is a member of this site, King (Peter Paget). He is expensive but he does know the inner workings of the consulate.