How does the last yellow envolope look like?

I was really impressed by the story that told about the wrong envelope. I was wondering how the last big envelope look like? Some of the couples here have already carried it through the US customs. Does any of you know if in most cases, there is always a name or a casenumber on it? or there is no information at all? I was curious how the officer in GZ managed to tell the difference of 2 same envelopes that had no indications on them and gave them to 2 different persons?
However, it sounds good there was an angle where you could see through with the help of a torch. I hope mine will have it too.

The packet is simply a large brown envelope with one corner cut off. There was no name or number on my wife's envelope.

We got a brief scare as she was leaving China, as the immigration officers there were scrutinizing all documents very carefully and at one point they started to open the packet to look inside. I instantly cried out, "Bu shi, bu shi, bu shi!" and they stopped and gave me a very surprised look. Then another official explained to them that it should not be opened.

The packet is simply a large brown envelope with one corner cut off.  There was no name or number on my wife's envelope.

We got a brief scare as she was leaving China, as the immigration officers there were scrutinizing all documents very carefully and at one point they started to open the packet to look inside.  I instantly cried out, "Bu shi, bu shi, bu shi!" and they stopped and gave me a very surprised look.  Then another official explained to them that it should not be opened.

Wow! I am sure you are glad they didn't open it! :D

I am glad you posted this Owen. For all those who pass out through Chinese immigration, be sure to keep your eye on what they do with your documents. If one of them opens your envelope by mistake, you will have major trouble getting through customs at the US end. :D

The packet is simply a large brown envelope with one corner cut off.  There was no name or number on my wife's envelope.

We got a brief scare as she was leaving China, as the immigration officers there were scrutinizing all documents very carefully and at one point they started to open the packet to look inside.  I instantly cried out, "Bu shi, bu shi, bu shi!" and they stopped and gave me a very surprised look.  Then another official explained to them that it should not be opened.

I wonder why chinese immigration officers checked the package.Can we just get through by showing passport and airflight ticket?I wouldn't take my package out at all unless they force me.and thanks for reminding this owen.

The packet is simply a large brown envelope with one corner cut off.  There was no name or number on my wife's envelope.

We got a brief scare as she was leaving China, as the immigration officers there were scrutinizing all documents very carefully and at one point they started to open the packet to look inside.  I instantly cried out, "Bu shi, bu shi, bu shi!" and they stopped and gave me a very surprised look.  Then another official explained to them that it should not be opened.

I wonder why chinese immigration officers checked the package.Can we just get through by showing passport and airflight ticket?I wouldn't take my package out at all unless they force me.and thanks for reminding this owen.

I got the impression that the officials at Shenyang were not as familiar with dealing with emmigration. Also, they were being very cautious that morning. They were very carefully checking all papers. I don't know about K-1, but her visa was attached to the outside of the brown envelope and since they required her to show the visa, she had to hand them the packet. They spent three or four minutes examining my passport and the visa stamps in it. They spent a long time examining my wife's passport and papers.

That is one of the differences between China and the US. I have never had to show why I was leaving the US and that I had permission.

Guest Long_strider

Our K-1 visa was "glued" right into her PRC passport. It was not attached to the brown envelope. Her name was handwritten on the outside of the brown envelope. It was a standard 91/2 x12 inch brown envelope with the left top corner cut diagonally. About 2 inches in. We could see the volume of papers but could not really read much of the top form.

We had put the brown envelope into our carry-on lugguage and was never asked to show it. We departed from GZ airport.

Upon arrival at LAX, the customs officer opened the envelope and looked through the forms until he found one in particular and stamped and wrote on the back side of the form. Then set it off to the side and completing the 1-94 with the information and stamp. He stapled the completed 1-94 into her passport just above the page with the k-1 visa.

Mike