on my declaration on how we met

A former adjudicator says this about size and contents.

Q. DOES SIZE MATTER? (Proof of relationship)

We sent in our K1 petition to CSC -received Feb. 16 and I am now regretting how big the package was (rarely said!). It weighed 3 pounds!! Was 150 pages numbered. Scott and I have been together for 2 years and have had 15 trips back and forth to see each other so I documented each trip. 104 pages of documentation to be exact. I listed each trip by date and who went where and a short summary of the highlights as a Table of Contents and gave each trip an attachment letter -A-P. Each Trip separated by a thicker stock of paper with the pictures(1-4 pics) stapled to it in a plastic baggie and the same summary on the divider (with a tab at the bottom with the coordinating letter). Between each divider there is the flight itinerary, at least 2 emails from before the trip and after the trip to him, from him or correspondence between myself and his family or he and my kids (to show a relationship between all family members), phone bills from both of us placed sporadically between trips, a picture of the "ring" and receipt in the month it was given, proof of trips taken together, the list goes on. All this on top of the 28 or so pages of forms, g325s, passport pics and birth certificates. Oh-and the 22 page divorce decree from his previous marriage.

I was so chuffed that I had all this proof, this 2 year relationship that culminated itself into a very detailed 150 page, 3lb package. And now...I'm thinking.....would 40 pages have been better. Will it take them 90 years just to read through everything (all important info is highlighted-names, dates, to, from etc for easy reading). Or does the Angel on my other shoulder have it right when she yells at the troublesome Devil on the left "Hey! This is going to be a breeze-who could deny such a thoughtful, well put together and very complete package!

Just a quick note. This is my thoughts as if I were to receive your package as an adjudicator and not based on anything else.

So, as I would heft this door stop of a packet onto my desk I would first think to myself that while it may be a tad much, this person has their stuff in one sock so to speak (translated ¨C you have your act together, maybe a bit over the top- but together none-the-less). I would always have too much information to look through than not enough and have to send out an RFE. It just may happen that a piece of supplemental information is found on those extra documents. One never knows¡­

As an adjudicator, I know what exactly I¡¯m looking for, what¡¯s relevant and what¡¯s not needed to be looked at right at the moment. I¡¯d check the things I needed to check and basically ignore the rest, (unless I needed to find a specific piece of info that I thought might be included within your packet). Otherwise, it all stays in the file, but unless its something I¡¯d deal with to make a determination on your case I wouldn¡¯t bother (unless it was a real slow day and I wanted some entertainment or something to talk about at lunch with the co-workers. ¡°Hey Mary, you should¡¯ve seen the packet I got today¡­¡± Just kidding. We usually never talked shop and because we¡¯re always busy, time to browse doesn¡¯t usually happen.

So to answer your question more directly ¨C I don¡¯t think it¡¯s gonna hurt your case any if that¡¯s what you¡¯re worried about.

there are some really funny things i put down how we met and so forth. is it ok to put in LOL and smilie faces? :(

I wouldn't think that LOL and :o would convey the right message.

It's probably OK to allow a little emotion to creep in but it should basically be a factual account.

Just my opinion.

I agree with Jim. Just the facts ma'am. As Mike said, it may not hurt. But you never know what kind of VO you'll get and what kind of mood they'll be in. If they think someone's trying to be a little too cute? Ya never know. The less extra attention drawn, the better IMHO. :(

there are some really funny things i put down how we met and so forth. is it ok to put in LOL and smilie faces? :D

I wouldn't think that LOL and B) would convey the right message.

It's probably OK to allow a little emotion to creep in but it should basically be a factual account.

Just my opinion.

I agree with Jim. Just the facts ma'am. As Mike said, it may not hurt. But you never know what kind of VO you'll get and what kind of mood they'll be in. If they think someone's trying to be a little too cute? Ya never know. The less extra attention drawn, the better IMHO. :D

Now there is a sobering thought, just trying to be human and adding your true feeling may in fact hurt your visa application.

:D

Now there is a sobering thought, just trying to be human and adding your true feeling may in fact hurt your visa application.

:lol:

Corbin, ol' buddy, sometimes just the fact you are a "human", and have lived life as a typical human being, can hurt you with Guano (GUZ) :lol:

Claire, I wouldn't put a LOL in the declaration.

tsap seui