Vaccinations for K-1

Can someone help me understand what is needed in the way of vaccinations and how to go about getting them now that she is here and I am assuming as I read more, that all vaccinations will need to be completed with documentation in order to complete my paperwork for AOS?

As she had her physical in Guangzhou and did not get her vaccinations prior to leaving China, if I am reading correctly, we need to complete these vaccinations and use form I-693A. I cannot locate this form. Form I-693 I can locate, but not I-693A.

Thanks,

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Can someone help me understand what is needed in the way of vaccinations and how to go about getting them now that she is here and I am assuming as I read more, that all vaccinations will need to be completed with documentation in order to complete my paperwork for AOS?

As she had her physical in Guangzhou and did not get her vaccinations prior to leaving China, if I am reading correctly, we need to complete these vaccinations and use form I-693A. I cannot locate this form. Form I-693 I can locate, but not I-693A.

Thanks,

Clayton

Correct, she will need to be tested for some and vaccinated for others.

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
  • Varicella (AKA Chicken Pox) (Can be tested for)

You will then need to get this new vaccination record to a US Civil Surgeon for transfer to a vaccination supplement (I-693A)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

You need to be very firm with the C.S. and perhaps show them the page in the I-485 directions that says Fiance(e)s do not require a full medical if the medical for visa is less than a year old. I did this and the fee was $35.

If you get problems with the doctors in your area, you can use this one by mail for $10

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Thanks,

Clayton

Correct, she will need to be tested for some and vaccinated for others.

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
  • Varicella (AKA Chicken Pox) (Can be tested for)

You will then need to get this new vaccination record to a US Civil Surgeon for transfer to a vaccination supplement (I-693A)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

You need to be very firm with the C.S. and perhaps show them the page in the I-485 directions that says Fiance(e)s do not require a full medical if the medical for visa is less than a year old. I did this and the fee was $35.

If you get problems with the doctors in your area, you can use this one by mail for $10

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

We are going to Civil Surgeon today. When i called they said that they will take her yellow booklet and transfer it to the supplement for only 15.00 and no appointment was needed. Just show up fill out the forms and give them the documents showing the shots and they will do for 15.00. She has only gotten one of the Chicken pox shots, so still need the next one. Not sure what they will do, i figured better to try. The C.S. is within walking distance of my house.

Randy, Dan and Don...Thanks!

OK, with all your information here is what I have found out and scheduled.

I contacted the city health dept. and a local travel clinic that can supply us with all the vaccinations required. I listened to the charges for each vaccination that was required. I was shocked to say the least. Surely far cheaper in China, yet I didn't want to subject my SO to all of them just prior to our long travel to home here in America.

I viewed the link to the local CS and saw that this Dr. offers the shots and the completion of the form as a package deal.

The charge for all is $355.

I was told that the shots will be administered and two days later I can pick up the completed I-693A. Appointment scheduled for Tuesday, pick up form on Thursday. Of course, some of the shots will be given months apart.

Now you all can tell me how much I am soon to overpay for this.

Thanks once again,

Clayton

Randy, Dan and Don...Thanks!

OK, with all your information here is what I have found out and scheduled.

I contacted the city health dept. and a local travel clinic that can supply us with all the vaccinations required. I listened to the charges for each vaccination that was required. I was shocked to say the least. Surely far cheaper in China, yet I didn't want to subject my SO to all of them just prior to our long travel to home here in America.

I viewed the link to the local CS and saw that this Dr. offers the shots and the completion of the form as a package deal.

The charge for all is $355.

I was told that the shots will be administered and two days later I can pick up the completed I-693A. Appointment scheduled for Tuesday, pick up form on Thursday. Of course, some of the shots will be given months apart.

Now you all can tell me how much I am soon to overpay for this.

Thanks once again,

Clayton

Clayton any special reason not to get the shots done while waiting in GZU for the visa??

Most have posted here, cheaper??

Mark

Mark,

Easy answer.

I learned from our travels together that my wife is subject to severe motion sickness and with the flights to GUZ, travel within the city, flights back to her city and then to America and our home, I did not care to induce her body with any vaccinations in that time frame that may have made her travels even more difficult in case she had a reaction to any of them.

My thoiughts were for her at the time and not my wallet when I made this choice.

Clayton

Mark,

Easy answer.

I learned from our travels together that my wife is subject to severe motion sickness and with the flights to GUZ, travel within the city, flights back to her city and then to America and our home, I did not care to induce her body with any vaccinations in that time frame that may have made her travels even more difficult in case she had a reaction to any of them.

My thoiughts were for her at the time and not my wallet when I made this choice.

Clayton

Yes your response made me remember my feng on occasion gets headaches while traveling!! So we will wait, but here in Illinois we can go to the county health department and get the shots for free!! I just called to check!! :ph34r:

Mark and feng!! :D

Mark,

Easy answer.

Clayton

Yes your response made me remember my feng on occasion gets headaches while traveling!! So we will wait, but here in Illinois we can go to the county health department and get the shots for free!! I just called to check!! :(

Mark and feng!! :happydance:

Plus, by doing it at our docters my insurance will pay most of it.