I-485 Questions...

I must apologize. Sorry for all the questions below. I made it through the visa process and now that my SO and I are now married we begin the next steps.

We have received her SS card in her married name and I have begun filling in form I-485.

Here are my questions that I need assistance with to complete only this one form:

1) Part 1 - Family Name - Do I use her now married name or her name as listed on her visa and passport?

2) Part 1 - A# (if any) - Does she have and A#? If so, where do I find it?

3) Part 1 - I-94# - I used the computer generated number on the top of her I-94. Is this the correct number to use?

4) Part 1 - Current USCIS Status - Her status would be...?

5) Part 3 . A - Nonimmigrant Visa Number - This would be found where?

I feel I have completed the remainder of this form correctly. Thanks for any assistance anyone can help us with.

Thanks,

Clayton

1) Name that she wants on green-card.

Part 3 where is says "Give your name exactly as it appears on your Arrival/Departure Record (Form I-94)" put her maiden name.

2) 2 places to look for A#, on the back side of the I-94 Card, or on I-129F NOA2 letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

3) Computer printed number on the I-94 card (DO not send this card to USCIS with the I-485 petition, send an ordinary photo copy.)

4) K-1 visa holder. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-485.pdf

5) Red number on Visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/Visa/visa_after_entry.jpg

Send only photo copies of all evidence with the petition.

Also include I-765 for EAD card, it costs nothing when filed with AOS, include it in same envelope with the I-485. Use Code (c )(9 ) "Based on pending I-485.

Dan,

Thanks so much. I must laugh...you couldn't have made it any easier for us. The inserted pics worked well! Very easy!

As for question 1), and your response....The name we wish to be put on the green card would read....Wen Li Taylor.

Her family name is Wen. Given name Li, yet throughout her life she has been called by family, friends and myself and her now new friends as Wen Li. Now that we are married she seeks to be known and addressed as Wen Li Taylor

Can we use this name for the green card? Or will we need to use Li Taylor and seek a name change later?

Thanks again Dan for your prompt and precise help.

Clayton

The name we wish to be put on the green card would read....Wen Li Taylor.

Her family name is Wen. Given name Li, yet throughout her life she has been called by family, friends and myself and her now new friends as Wen Li. Now that we are married she seeks to be known and addressed as Wen Li Taylor

Can we use this name for the green card? Or will we need to use Li Taylor and seek a name change later?

Clayton, you can do exactly as you suggest:

First name: Wen or Wen Li

Middle Name: none or Li

Family name: Taylor

We did a double first name for my daughter and no middle name ... they'll accept it.