Realistic Timeline?

Our I-129F was received by the California Service Center on October 18, 2007. No further word from them as of yet.

We are shooting for an August 8, 2008 wedding in the U.S.

Are we being realistic?

Looks like the same old rule of thumb applies based on David's timeline data:

K1/K3 8 to 12 months

CR1 12 to 18 months

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no different marrying a woman that is here in the states. True you can see each other more in person than our Chinese ladies. But until you live with them you never totally know. :rolleyes:

You missed the point, and yes there is a BIG difference. She will not know a single thing, from where to go, how to use things in the home safely, etc...

Same as when you went to China the first time, you were almost totaly dependent upon her to guide you and keep you safe, warm and secure. After 1 week in China, would you be able to get around and take care of all you needed to do alone if she was off at work 9-12 hours each day? :rolleyes:

Mike I didn't miss the point, I was talking about the issue of we don't know a person totally until we live with them.

True our Chinese SO may feel out of place and feel very dependent on us the USC for a time. But to make a blanket statement that they will not know how to operate anything in the home safely seems a little harsh. I'm sure you would consider you SO to be intelligent.