Sample of Father's permission letter for child to go to US

Help, I am searching for the sample of father's permission for child to immigrate to US that I saw sometime ago but can't find it. Anybody who has it or seen it, please post me the link.

Thanks!

Thanks, I was looking for that myself seeing how we also need one!!! :threeques:

Mark and feng!! :ok:

Help, I am searching for the sample of father's permission for child to immigrate to US that I saw sometime ago but can't find it. Anybody who has it or seen it, please post me the link.

Thanks!

You're not thinking of this one are you?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=23405&hl=

That's for permission to travel with a minor from the US. Maybe someone who's been through it can provide the wording from their letter.

Good luck. :ph34r:

Thanks!

That's for permission to travel with a minor from the US. Maybe someone who's been through it can provide the wording from their letter.

Thanks for looking Dave, but...........

I need the letter feng's ex needs to sign so daughter can come with Mom (K-2)! :(

Thanks!

I need the letter feng's ex needs to sign so daughter can come with Mom (K-2)! :rotfl:

Yeah. I thought maybe the OP was thinking of this one as it's similar to what he's looking for. I don't remember a sample letter of permission from an ex in China. Maybe one exists though. :(

Thanks!

Good luck. :)

I need the letter feng's ex needs to sign so daughter can come with Mom (K-2)! B)

Yeah. I thought maybe the OP was thinking of this one as it's similar to what he's looking for. I don't remember a sample letter of permission from an ex in China. Maybe one exists though. :)

As always Dave thanks for trying, Oh Don, Oh Don!! B)

Edited by Shenzhen K-1 (see edit history)

In China, the divorce decree is sufficiant to show custody if full. However, if not full, then a simple letter granting custody and having it notarized will do per GZ. Don't go crazy on legal mumbo jumbo. Clear and to the point, a few simple sentences, notarized and translated. Be aware that GZ says it is a good idea for the document to be no more than 1 year old at interview time, however each case is unique on it's own merit.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13959

Dear CFL Members,

If one birth parent or legal guardian of a child is planning on taking a child (any minor under the age of 18) to the United States, and the other parent or legal guardian of the child is going to remain behind in China, they must be prepared to show that there is no legal impediment to the child leaving the country.

This can be demonstrated by showing who has custody of the child. Divorce agreements in China usually list who has legal custody of children. The birth parent staying in China can also provide a notarized statement saying that they are aware that the child plans to immigrate to the U.S. and that they agree with their immigration. These are the most common methods of demonstrating that there is no legal impediment to the child immigrating to the U.S.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, neither of these documents can be obtained. These situations are dealt with on a case by case basis.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

In China, the divorce decree is sufficiant to show custody if full. However, if not full, then a simple letter granting custody and having it notarized will do per GZ. Don't go crazy on legal mumbo jumbo. Clear and to the point, a few simple sentences, notarized and translated. Be aware that GZ says it is a good idea for the document to be no more than 1 year old at interview time, however each case is unique on it's own merit.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13959

Dear CFL Members,

If one birth parent or legal guardian of a child is planning on taking a child (any minor under the age of 18) to the United States, and the other parent or legal guardian of the child is going to remain behind in China, they must be prepared to show that there is no legal impediment to the child leaving the country.

This can be demonstrated by showing who has custody of the child. Divorce agreements in China usually list who has legal custody of children. The birth parent staying in China can also provide a notarized statement saying that they are aware that the child plans to immigrate to the U.S. and that they agree with their immigration. These are the most common methods of demonstrating that there is no legal impediment to the child immigrating to the U.S.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, neither of these documents can be obtained. These situations are dealt with on a case by case basis.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

That is what I thought but feng on her way to get it on Monday, only want to do it once!! :ph34r:

In the EZ-FAQ:

Divorce Certificate for beneficiary:

If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

¡°In most cases, an interviewing officer will require more than the small divorce booklet. We usually ask for a notarial divorce decree. It will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.¡± -- USCONGUZ

Custody Declaration (independent of divorce certificate):

Declarer: <ex-husband's name>, male, born on mm/dd/ccyy, now residing at <his current address>.

I, <ex-husband's name> and <YOUR fiancee's name> registered for divorce on <date of their divorce>. <child's name> is our only <daughter/son>. Her mother <YOUR fiancee's name> is looking after <child's name> after our divorce. Now <YOUR fiancee's name> is wanting to immigrate to the U.S.A. So I agree that <child's name> may go to the U.S.A. with her mother and her mother <YOUR fiancee's name> would exercise guardianship of her.

[signature]

mm/dd/ccyy

In the EZ-FAQ:

Divorce Certificate for beneficiary:

If divorced before, previous divorce certificates for each marriage are required. If any child from previous marriage will also apply for visa, a divorce decree showing the child's custody is needed.

¡°In most cases, an interviewing officer will require more than the small divorce booklet. We usually ask for a notarial divorce decree. It will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.¡± -- USCONGUZ

Custody Declaration (independent of divorce certificate):

Declarer: <ex-husband's name>, male, born on mm/dd/ccyy, now residing at <his current address>.

I, <ex-husband's name> and <YOUR fiancee's name> registered for divorce on <date of their divorce>. <child's name> is our only <daughter/son>. Her mother <YOUR fiancee's name> is looking after <child's name> after our divorce. Now <YOUR fiancee's name> is wanting to immigrate to the U.S.A. So I agree that <child's name> may go to the U.S.A. with her mother and her mother <YOUR fiancee's name> would exercise guardianship of her.

[signature]

mm/dd/ccyy

Thanks David. I was looking for it in the wrong place, P-3 FAQs

• 1 month later...

no problem... I searched through four of them before I found it :ph34r:

Thanks will need this Monday already on it' way to Shenzhen!!!! :lol:

Well we got pat a big road block as of yesterday!! The ex signed over daughter with no problems, did not ask for anything!! He just hopes she will be safe, cared for and maybe go to university here. I told my feng to tell him all three will happen and thanks!! :lol: :D

Mark and feng!! :yay:

no problem... I searched through four of them before I found it :diespam:

Thanks will need this Monday already on it' way to Shenzhen!!!! :blink:

Well we got pat a big road block as of yesterday!! The ex signed over daughter with no problems, did not ask for anything!! He just hopes she will be safe, cared for and maybe go to university here. I told my feng to tell him all three will happen and thanks!! :lol: B)

Mark and feng!! :Dah:

Glad to hear it Mark. Let's hope the rest of your road is as smooth. :lol: