question concerning letter of relationship evolution

Thank you Dave old buddy!! Did you change Christine's name on the AOS forms?? ;)

Yep. We put given name as first, family name as middle and married name as last on AOS and EAD. But we left her Chinese name as is on the AP app. But when we got the NOAs back, they ALL had her name as we put it on AOS and EAD. :huh: I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

Thank you Dave old buddy!! Did you change Christine's name on the AOS forms?? ;)

Yep. We put given name as first, family name as middle and married name as last on AOS and EAD. But we left her Chinese name as is on the AP app. But when we got the NOAs back, they ALL had her name as we put it on AOS and EAD. ;) I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

My feng wants us to try and list her American chosen name on her GC with her family name as the middle name. If memory serves me Jim of Jim and Julian did that?? :huh:

Guest hi5pro

Hi Steve

You will need the letter of relationship evolution for the interview, not the P3 or P4. The way I did ours is write a clear time line of all the events (like the way I did on my signature below) for the cover letter and use the one we wrote for the I-129F as template and update the events happened after that. Lulu then translate that to "her version" in Chinese. I don't think the GUZ is interested in details of what happened between you 2 (but we CFlers here do :mf_sleep: ). They just want the time line to judge the logic that you two have developed a real relationship. So Lulu and I concentrated on the time line of the events and not so many details. She hand wrote "her version" in Chinese and I typed "my version" in English. 3 pages for each version. The VO did not even ask for that during our interview.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thank you Dave old buddy!! Did you change Christine's name on the AOS forms?? :(

Yep. We put given name as first, family name as middle and married name as last on AOS and EAD. But we left her Chinese name as is on the AP app. But when we got the NOAs back, they ALL had her name as we put it on AOS and EAD. :o I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

My feng wants us to try and list her American chosen name on her GC with her family name as the middle name. If memory serves me Jim of Jim and Julian did that?? :mf_sleep:

Errr ... it's Jim Julian, just one person ... :D

For my wife, we made what I now see is an error and filed the I-485 with her maiden name but wrote a cover letter requesting the GC be issued in her married name. USCIS ignored the cover letter and issued a GC without interview but was kind enough to re-issue (without charge) when we pointed it out. The right way is to file the I-485 in whatever name you want the GC to be issued in and cover her Chinese name in the other names used box. My wife's chosen name was to drop her Chinese family name and take my last name.

Our daughter was more complex. She didn't know what she wanted to do when we filed the I-485. She subsequently decided that she wanted her Chinese nick name as her first name, no middle name, and my family name as her last name. We accomplished that at her interview by providing a common law name change declaration to USCIS with her chosen name.

Bottom line ... file the I-485 with the name she wants.

Thank you Dave old buddy!! Did you change Christine's name on the AOS forms?? :D

Yep. We put given name as first, family name as middle and married name as last on AOS and EAD. But we left her Chinese name as is on the AP app. But when we got the NOAs back, they ALL had her name as we put it on AOS and EAD. :o I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

My feng wants us to try and list her American chosen name on her GC with her family name as the middle name. If memory serves me Jim of Jim and Julian did that?? :mf_sleep:

Errr ... it's Jim Julian, just one person ... :P

For my wife, we made what I now see is an error and filed the I-485 with her maiden name but wrote a cover letter requesting the GC be issued in her married name. USCIS ignored the cover letter and issued a GC without interview but was kind enough to re-issue (without charge) when we pointed it out. The right way is to file the I-485 in whatever name you want the GC to be issued in and cover her Chinese name in the other names used box. My wife's chosen name was to drop her Chinese family name and take my last name.

Our daughter was more complex. She didn't know what she wanted to do when we filed the I-485. She subsequently decided that she wanted her Chinese nick name as her first name, no middle name, and my family name as her last name. We accomplished that at her interview by providing a common law name change declaration to USCIS with her chosen name.

Bottom line ... file the I-485 with the name she wants.

Thanks Jim as always for that solid information. I was a little tired when I was writing last night!! :(