Blue slip..

I was shocked that they didnt give you a red slip.

I am trying to get my wife here. and this is my first marriage, I went to back china for 2 yr, met with my wife in GZ, got married and have a 1 yr old daughter.

I never thought this is gonna be a problem, we have child together. Really, whatelse do you need to prove my relationship.

about "state all trips to China"? Can you just show a copy of your passport to them? What else you need to show them? I lost all my airline ticket, and really who gonna keep those stuff.

I thought as long as your relationship is real and you have all the documents they required , you will be ok.

I guess We need to prepare extra stuff for them to check.

Passport question- I color copied my passport and had my signature notarized. The ticket problem can be fixed by getting on the airline's web page you used and printing off your flights. This is of course if you joined there frequent flier program?? All those miles I assumed you did?? <_<

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my thoughts before my wife had her interview. It is our first marriage, we have been living together for few years, and we have baby son. Sounds similar to you?

From our experience, I think, first marriage means, processing time could be bit faster from the time you send in your petition till you get your P3 package, since there are less background information to check on you. I send in petition though USCIS Beijing office in April 2007 and only took few months to receive P3.

Have a child together, well I also thought no one would question bona-fide relationship with having a child together. Who would have a baby if your marriage isn't real, if you don't love each other, right? But, I think some other CFL member has mentioned before, from GUZ point of view, having a child only means you had sex together. :lol:

Feelexit, when I saw your reply, I felt like I am looking at myself before my wife's interview. B) I hope our experience could help you in your preparation little. I am sure you will find alot more information and advices from much more experienced members here at CFL. But, remember that every case is different, and don't get too discouraged by others, such as ours. :V:

we are preparing our overcome documents now days and will be returning to GUZ few days later. Hope we will be able to share a great news next time... :unsure:

Edited by clearbluesky (see edit history)
Guest Mike and Lily

I think the lesson learned here is that everyone applying for a visa is guilty of fraud unless proven otherwise. CBS looks like you have a good handle on this now. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

They do have a habit of turning what should be a fairly routine process into an ordeal from hell sometimes.

about "state all trips to China"? Can you just show a copy of your passport to them? What else you need to show them? I lost all my airline ticket, and really who gonna keep those stuff.

Yes, you could just show your passport, IF you want to do only the required minimum and hope they accept it without a blue slip. Have you tried to read some of those stamps they put in your passport? :unsure: ;) Make it as easy for GUZ to give you a pink slip as you can. Document all your trips as thoroughly as you can. If you don't have boarding passes, photocopy credit card receipts/cancelled checks etc. If you have yet to file, send all that info with you're initial filing. If you've already filed, have that stuff ready for her at the interview.

I thought as long as your relationship is real and you have all the documents they required , you will be ok.

What is a "real" relationship? Guess who gets to decide that? GUZ does. Knowing in your mind and heart doesn't translate to GUZ knowing. Sorry to be so blunt but this process leaves very little room for making assumptions, as CBS unfortunately found out. Your job is to leave as little doubt in their mind as you possibly can. Do a lot of research here in the FAQs and elsewhere like VisaJourney. You'll find all you need between these two places. ;)

I guess We need to prepare extra stuff for them to check.

Yes. ;)

Hello everyone,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier after my wife's interview. We were very shocked to receive blue slip, but we are preparing what they have requested and we will be going back to GUZ second week of Jan.

My wife told me that the interview lasted for long time. (we guessed because it is CR1) But, interviewer was very nice, and polite.

They have requested two statements from me,

One, a state our evolution of relationship. Second, state all trips to China.

And, asked why my parents did not come to china to see my wife and my son.

We thank everyone on CFL.. Hope we can give you better news next time.

BTW, we called the pre-paid GUZ tel, and setup the date to return for GUZ with requested documents. Does anyone know what the process is at the GUZ? Is this her second interview or does she just drop off documents? How long would we have to wait for result? I will travel with her to GUZ this time, including our son, so that I can attend american service on monday.

wow, bummer man. you already have a kid and they want to question your relationship??? ridiculous!

good luck preparing the document. i prepared such documents before my wife went for her interview to guz and they did ask for it. mine was about 1.5 pages long with fairly detailed notes, signed and dated (not notarized) by both of us, and an easy-to-read time line in case they didn't want to read all my rubbish. :unsure:

good luck!! if that's all they are asking for, i think you are in good shape. they just want to be pecker woods sometimes, so don't fret.

oh well, after I heard all these stories, kinda frustrated. I thought this whole thing should be pretty easy.

having a child only means having sex together. this is ridiculous.

clearbluesky. how do you prepare those documents? I dont think i can get my credit card bills or airline tickets, I made those trips a yr ago, I think I just list them out on a piece of paper, and sign it. and photocopy my passport.

hopefully, thats good enough

Hang in there bluesky. That really sucks about the blue slip and I know what that feels like to walk away from the consulate with a denial when you clearly have a bona fide relationship. Unfortunately, in the GUZ game, a relationship ain't bona fide until the BONE HEADS say it's so, and it virtually has nothing to do with REAL life.

You and your wife will be fine. Hand write your letter and get it notorized, jump through the GUZ hoop, and collect the approval (visa) of your bona fide relationship.

I hope it goes smoothly for you both.

Fairdinkum, I am.

tsap seui

Feelexit, my wife and I prepared over 200 photos, from time we met, my son's birth,(I was right besides her during her labor, taking photos and videos, she gave birth at American women's hospital in Beijing where they allow me to do so), and up to 5th months of my son growing up, all the cute photos of my baby son and our family together.

But I don't think it helped much. We didn't have wedding photo since we postponed our wedding, that year, my sister went though breast cancer surgery and my mother with tumor removal surgery. No one was able to come for our wedding or when my son was born.

From our experience, if you provide only photos of you and your wife, and child, will have them question your bona-fide relationship.

provide more photos with your family(ur parents) with ur wife and child.

Hope this helps little.

Feelexit, my wife and I prepared over 200 photos, from time we met, my son's birth,(I was right besides her during her labor, taking photos and videos, she gave birth at American women's hospital in Beijing where they allow me to do so), and up to 5th months of my son growing up, all the cute photos of my baby son and our family together.

But I don't think it helped much. We didn't have wedding photo since we postponed our wedding, that year, my sister went though breast cancer surgery and my mother with tumor removal surgery. No one was able to come for our wedding or when my son was born.

From our experience, if you provide only photos of you and your wife, and child, will have them question your bona-fide relationship.

provide more photos with your family(ur parents) with ur wife and child.

Hope this helps little.

Of course your photos helped cbs. The did not ask you for more photos in the overcome according to your original post. The photos as you described them should have been plenty sufficient. I am sure there have been many successful visas with the man and wife only having a civil ceremony and no parents attending. My wife for one does not get along with her parents and she is not the only one this way in China. Some couples' parents are no longer alive. I can guarantee you that your photos rival some of the best they have ever seen.

me 2, we dont have wedding photos. I met my wife in china, and then we live together.

after a few months , we found out that we have a baby. we rush to get married and decided not to have a wedding ceremony.

I have alot pics with my wife and daugther, but dont have any pics with my family members or her family members.

my parents did go to china Once, but we dont have any pics.

Hang in there bluesky. That really sucks about the blue slip and I know what that feels like to walk away from the consulate with a denial when you clearly have a bona fide relationship. Unfortunately, in the GUZ game, a relationship ain't bona fide until the BONE HEADS say it's so, and it virtually has nothing to do with REAL life.

You and your wife will be fine. Hand write your letter and get it notorized, jump through the GUZ hoop, and collect the approval (visa) of your bona fide relationship.

I hope it goes smoothly for you both.

Fairdinkum, I am.

tsap seui

Thank you tsap seui for all your support !! :D

But I am confused, that if you've been in china for three years, why are they asking for your trips to china?

Some Asian Americans travelled around Asian countries for business purpose instead of for a genuine relationship. Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)