Blue slip..

Hello everyone,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier after my wife's interview. We were very shocked to receive blue slip, but we are preparing what they have requested and we will be going back to GUZ second week of Jan.

My wife told me that the interview lasted for long time. (we guessed because it is CR1) But, interviewer was very nice, and polite.

They have requested two statements from me,

One, a state our evolution of relationship. Second, state all trips to China.

And, asked why my parents did not come to china to see my wife and my son.

We thank everyone on CFL.. Hope we can give you better news next time.

BTW, we called the pre-paid GUZ tel, and setup the date to return for GUZ with requested documents. Does anyone know what the process is at the GUZ? Is this her second interview or does she just drop off documents? How long would we have to wait for result? I will travel with her to GUZ this time, including our son, so that I can attend american service on monday.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS,

Sorry to hear about the blue. It sounds pretty straight forward as far as what they're asking for. It seems a little strange that they asked about your family going to China to meet her though. :blink:

Just give them what they ask for, nothing more. Your wife won't have a second interview, she'll just drop off the docs they asked for. Others who've been through the blue slip process will give you more info on what to expect. Make sure you provide documents that show YOU paid for the trips if that was the case and you didn't provide them in the intial filing. If you did, I'd mention it again in the statement about the trips.

I don't think you'll have a problem after giving them what they want. Best of luck to all of you. :lol:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

CBS,

Sorry to hear about the blue. It sounds pretty straight forward as far as what they're asking for. It seems a little strange that they asked about your family going to China to meet her though. :blink:

Just give them what they ask for, nothing more. Your wife won't have a second interview, she'll just drop off the docs they asked for. Others who've been through the blue slip process will give you more info on what to expect. Make sure you provide documents that show YOU paid for the trips if that was the case and you didn't provide them in the intial filing. If you did, I'd mention it again in the statement about the trips.

I don't think you'll have a problem after giving them what they want. Best of luck to all of you. :lol:

I agree totally with what Dave says. Give them what they want and nothing more. That is odd about them asking about your parents.

I got my fingers crossed for you buddy. We will be awaiting your good news.

I am really sorry to hear about your recent results. However, like David, I am sure this is pretty straightforward, and you will overcome this shortly, after providing the additional information. Based on the length of the interview (as referenced by you) it seems they had some questions, which could not be answered from the file and the information they had in hand.

I think it is good that you are planning on attending the ACH, this may give you an opportunity to ask some questions and also present yourself.

I did include an ¡®evolution of relationship¡¯ letter, with both my I-129F and the I-130¡¯s, as a component of the ¡®evidence of a bona fide relationship.¡¯ I think this is an important addition to the case file, and gives one an opportunity to tell the story behind the relationship, in your own words.

Best wishes to you and your family, on your soon to achieve, successful outcome. ;)

I believe they were questioning bona fide relationship. I should have written a letter and given to my wife for her interview first time, like Roger did. But we never thought they would think any other way about our relationship, having we been together in Beijing for about 3 yrs and just had our first son. After the interview, from what they requested and asked, now we know we were too naive and unprepared.

Because we are real. Because we are married out of love.

We never thought we had to prepare or prove we are not fraud.

After first interview, now we know. :)

really sorry to hear about your getting the blue slip....i had feared this was why we had not heard from you after your wife went to guang zhou....just i thought if you had gotten the pink, we would have quickly heard back from you...but, no worry about this too much..i am sure you will soon overcome this...best wishes for the new year...steve

not all blue slips are about whether the relationship is bona-fide or not...

But I am confused, that if you've been in china for three years, why are they asking for your trips to china? Have you been going back and forth?

One simple thing that we often suggest is that the USC give his passport (or a copy) for the interview.. this then is an easy way for the VO to understand trips to china [without having to issue a blue slip to find it out]..

good luck...

I am also confused why they asked for a statement from me, about all the trips to China to meet my wife.

I have been living in China before I met her and I have stated on all the documents/applications our address in Beijing. I even filed my tax returns as Overseas Income, with Beijing address. And yes, my wife did take my passport with her on her first interview.

I guess I just need to write a letter, in my own words, I have been living in Beijing when I met her and we have been together since. I made occasional trips to US to visit my family in San Francisco, but my residence was Beijing for past 5 years.

Does anyone can think of any other reasons why they asked for this?

With all the information provided, we are bit confused why they would ask such a question.

Edited by clearbluesky (see edit history)

I am also confused why they asked for a statement from me, about all the trips to China to meet my wife.

I have been living in China before I met her and I have stated on all the documents/applications our address in Beijing. I even filed my tax returns as Overseas Income, with Beijing address. And yes, my wife did take my passport with her on her first interview.

I guess I just need to write a letter, in my own words, I have been living in Beijing when I met her and we have been together since. I made occasional trips to US to visit my family in San Francisco, but my residence was Beijing for past 5 years.

Does anyone can think of any other reasons why they asked for this?

With all the information provided, we are bit confused why they would ask such a question.

The only thing I can think is that they're just not absolutely sure based on the info you provided that you've actually been living together as a family in China. Maybe you took it too much for granted that since you listed your Beijing address and listed the overseas income that GUZ would put two and two together on their own? I'm just throwing out ideas here, not criticizing.

You or I or most normal people would be able to look at your info and say, "Oh, he's lived in Beijing for 5 years and there's a child, so therefore they must be a loving family." Unfortunately GUZ doesn't work that way. They need things spelled out for them.

As far as the question about your parents? Maybe the VO is thinking, "This guy's lived here 5 years, they have a baby, and his parents haven't been to see them?" Again, just thinking out loud. It wouldn't raise any red flags for me or most people, but it may have for the VO. Maybe you could include a short statement that financial or health limitations were the reason your parents were unable to visit you in China. Again, just thinking out loud. Someone else here may not think that's a good idea since they didn't request it.

So depending on what others think about the statement about your parents, I suggest you first give them a detailed list of list of all the trips you made to China before you started living there, if you made any. And then all the trips back and forth to the states that you made. I would also say somewhere on the list "Living in China from XXX mo./yr. to XXX mo./yr. just to remind them.

Then give them the evolution of relationship letter mentioning your travels to China before you two met, how you met, how your relationship evolved, when you married/started living together,when the baby was born etc etc.

I think once you make it clear that you're an actual family, it'll satisfy whatever doubts they have. I don't know why it wouldn't.

Also, did you include plenty of family pictures with your intial filing or at the interview? You may want to do that with your evolution letter again. Someone here may disagree with that as well. Just throwing it out there trying to cover all bases.

I"m sure you'll get more feedback from those with better insight than me.

Best of luck again. :unsure:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Dave, I agree with your view. Your assessments are always balanced and intelligent.

CBS, when I look at the nature of the three issues/questions raised by the VO, I still have the feeling, this matter centers over the bona fides of the relationship; e.g., number of trips to and from China (who paid for them and how many of them) evolution of your relationship (how, when, where you met your wife) the question about your parents (an assumption they are looking at cultural issues and family ties/links to your marital union).

Notwithstanding the fact that you have been together for three years and now have a child, something in your entire file, some ¡¯indicator¡¯ or combination of indicators, has caused your ¡¯profile¡¯ to shift outside of the norm, and attract additional scrutiny from them.

You appear to be a young guy. Sometimes age, linked with other indicators, such as one¡¯s occupation and income level/financial means, or even the length of time you have been away from the US, may trigger a flag out of the system, on the path from USCIS to NVC to the folks at GUZ. Sometimes, I feel it is easier for us overweight guys, in our late 40¡¯s to late 50¡¯s, who have been married once or twice before, and have had long time established careers, to fall within the center of the profile, and not have any spikes, which may make the computer or analyst go tilt.

We are in our own little world and with our own little circle of friends here at CFL. Our perspective can become somewhat narrow, in that regard. However, I have knowledge that the level of attempted marriage/relationship fraud out of China is very high; with a lot of that fraud being initiated/perpetrated out of the Bay Area of California. This is a constant fight for the USCIS/DOS, and it does in fact, make it tougher on the rest of us here, who are trying to accomplish this the legal way. Many of these cases do not make the news, so we only hear about some of the larger cases, which are associated with multiple subjects at one time.

Having said all of this, I am sure that you will be able to answer their questions and will have the overcome in short order. You will be ok, and soon your Lao Po and child, will be able to enjoy that ¡®clear blue sky,¡¯ which was in real short supply, on my visit to Beijing last month.

Best wishes to you and your beautiful family and keep us apprised. :mf_sleep:

Yes. I agree with Dave and now, we understand what they are questioning.

Just because we are real, we couldn't have prepared for any of these.

Now, we are preparing Overcome documents, such as letters from family, and friends, also supporting proof from doctors, (we had medical crisis last year in my family, few including my parents had major surgery)

I have a question, these letters has to be notarized or just hand written and signed?

Thank you for all your support and we will let you know as to our process and results.

Justin(our son)'s family in Beijing :mf_sleep:

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in the overcome. I had lived in BJ for about 5 years as well, but we went the K1 route. They also asked for pictures of my family, but luckily we had some. I'm sure you guys can overcome this, keep pressing on!

I was shocked that they didnt give you a red slip.

I am trying to get my wife here. and this is my first marriage, I went to back china for 2 yr, met with my wife in GZ, got married and have a 1 yr old daughter.

I never thought this is gonna be a problem, we have child together. Really, whatelse do you need to prove my relationship.

about "state all trips to China"? Can you just show a copy of your passport to them? What else you need to show them? I lost all my airline ticket, and really who gonna keep those stuff.

I thought as long as your relationship is real and you have all the documents they required , you will be ok.

I guess We need to prepare extra stuff for them to check.