Calling the Embassy

Today, 25 Dec 07 in the US, early morning in China, I tried to get help by calling the number provided. After paying and getting the PIN I was able to talk with someone, but THEY ARE NOT AT THE EMBASSY and could not provide any help other than what I already had done. I already sent a fax as well as my wife and I even emailed the Embassy.

The problem is with the Holidays I, and my wife only had today to get an answer or cancel her interview. My wife's Apointment Letter for her K3/4 visa only listed her name, and not her 16 year old daughter. They both need to have their physicals and interview even though the daughter is going to follow.

My wife did not want to waste all the money, air fair and hotel for two weeks and keep her daughter out of school for nothing. I told her that she is the wife of a USC and as a last resort should be able to approach the guards on the 4th floor, show her Apointment Letter and a copy of the I-129F I filed for both of them as well as the daughter's birth cert, showing my wife is her mother, and they should let her go and speak with a VO to make a new Appointment Letter. She clearly needs this to get the physical for the daughter and to allow her daughter to be present for the interview so the daughter can get her K4 visa, even though she will follow when she finishes school next summer.

It is really disheartening to use the system, emails and 3 Faxes with URGENT on the top, only to have no one call my wife or email me. the phone number provided is only for General Information. As hard as the Interview dates are to get, I did not want to delay it.

So she will be in the Embassy Thursday morning to correct this for their interview on the 2nd of Jan at 7:15AM. I hope the Embassy helps or I will be forced to fly there in person to handle it. Ironically, if the Embassy tries to call her now, they will not get an answer as she is now on her way there. I hope they treat my pregnant wife with as much respect as they would treat me.

In cases like this, there should be a better way of getting help other than sending an email which says the will get back in 5-7 days. There interview is in 7 days, but without the physical, they could do what? How could my daughter attend my wife's interview to get her K4 visa if she is not allowed up to the 5th floor because of an oversight..not being listed on my wife's Appointment Letter?

I don't know if this will fit in with your plans, but your daughter does not need to interview with her mother, although it's a good idea to have the parent there when she interviews.

They are usually more responsive to the emails, especially in situations like this. I sent an email to request a date for our son. They gave us a date that was barely a week later. Sorry you're having this trouble.

I don't know if this will fit in with your plans, but your daughter does not need to interview with her mother, although it's a good idea to have the parent there when she interviews.

They are usually more responsive to the emails, especially in situations like this. I sent an email to request a date for our son. They gave us a date that was barely a week later. Sorry you're having this trouble.

Mark, ditto on what Randy says.....

Also, in this thread and the previous one, you refer to GUZ as the "Embassy". The Embassy is in Beijing. It is the 'Consulate' you wish to reach, in Guangzhou.

It may be that it is not catching their 'eye' in Guangzhou, because your post refers to the Embassy for action, rather than the Consulate, which is GUZ ??? Can you 'edit' your headline on this thread ??

Yes, if you or her do not have any communication with them soon, then have her go to the Consulate during business hours and try to convince the 4th floor security guards (Chinese Nationals) to call someone from the 5th floor to speak to her, or let her proceed on up to the 5th, to address/resolve the issue. Given her condition and due to the exigent circumstances, I would hope they would be able to accommodate her.

If that attempt should fail, then she should go to the interview as scheduled and explain 'all' to them. They still have the power to facilitate your daughter's exam, without delaying the visa process too long; again, considering the circumstance of your Lao Po, and the accellerated process here. Absent all of this, I can't think of another thing to do, but have her just go to the interview, and have daughter close at hand. If you had cancelled the interview, there is no telling how long it would take to get a new one !!??

Best wishes Mark and keep us apprised. I know how absolutely stressful this must be on you my friend !!

Yes, Roger

You are correct. I miss-spoke. I am referring to the consulate in GZ. The paid service/PIN number has no connection with them, or so they say. They could only give me general advice of which I had already emailed and Faxed them. But I suspect due to perhaps a lighter staff over the Holidays, our requests (emails/faxes) were never looked at.

I hope she has no problem approaching the Guard on the 4th floor and makes it to the 5th floor for help. I told her to bring a copy of the Fax I sent, her Appointment Letter, her daughter's Birth Cert, and her copy of the I-129F I filed showing both their names on it. The guard should bring her up see all this. But, I told her not to worry that worse case scenario, she will interview and can bring up the error at that time. The only sad thing is her daughter will miss more school. Hopefully they will give her a note to go and bring up her daughter to interview with her mother and then do the physical that afternoon and once in she hopefully gets her K4.

I have been told that the parent must be with the child during the interview and my wife will be here next month and will not go back at least until July or Aug. I suppose we could have asked for a separate K4 interview then for the daughter, but I felt it prudent to get both visas now. If the daughter's CR2 comes through later, then she could go back to have them replace/upgrade the K4t to CR2 without another interview, or so I have heard.

She is in GZ now and will be in the Consulate at 9am on Thursday the 27th (5pm today Calif). I will know before I go to bed tonight if she was successful in getting a corrected Appointment Letter. I will keep you posted.

Edited by marks1957 (see edit history)

Yes, Roger

You are correct. I miss-spoke. I am referring to the consulate in GZ. The paid service/PIN number has no connection with them, or so they say. They could only give me general advice of which I had already emailed and Faxed them. But I suspect due to perhaps a lighter staff over the Holidays, our requests (emails/faxes) were never looked at.

I hope she has no problem approaching the Guard on the 4th floor and makes it to the 5th floor for help. I told her to bring a copy of the Fax I sent, her Appointment Letter, her daughter's Birth Cert, and her copy of the I-129F I filed showing both their names on it. The guard should bring her up see all this. But, I told her not to worry that worse case scenario, she will interview and can bring up the error at that time. The only sad thing is her daughter will miss more school. Hopefully they will give her a note to go and bring up her daughter to interview with her mother and then do the physical that afternoon and once in she hopefully gets her K4.

I have been told that the parent must be with the child during the interview and my wife will be here next month and will not go back at least until July or Aug. I suppose we could have asked for a separate K4 interview then for the daughter, but I felt it prudent to get both visas now. If the daughter's CR2 comes through later, then she could go back to have them replace/upgrade the K4t to CR2 without another interview, or so I have heard.

She is in GZ now and will be in the Consulate at 9am on Thursday the 27th (5pm today Calif). I will know before I go to bed tonight if she was successful in getting a corrected Appointment Letter. I will keep you posted.

if i am not mistaken i think they will interview at diffrent times, your wife now and you will have to setup interview for her daughter later when she wish to join, at least that is the way our K-1 worked ,you said on the paper work she would follow,if going to usa together same time , then i would think then they would interview together,

Yes, Roger

if i am not mistaken i think they will interview at diffrent times, your wife now and you will have to setup interview for her daughter later when she wish to join, at least that is the way our K-1 worked ,you said on the paper work she would follow,if going to usa together same time , then i would think then they would interview together,

Yes, our daughter will follow. But the parent must be present. My wife will be in the US next month and will not be in China for the daughter to interview. It is unfair to have her aunt bring her down for the interview even if they, GZ, permitted this. Plus it would be a major inconvience to my wife's sister. It is better for both K3/K4 visa's to be given together. Then her daughter can come when school is out. Of course the timing may be a problem as if she is given the K4 Jan 2nd, she will have to enter in 6 months (July2) but she does not graduate from HS until Aug. I hope we can get a months extension. Anyone heard of this? Or perhaps if we are approved for the K4 visa, maybe we can ask that it not be issued until the middle of Feb. But then we would have to have the aunt or someone go back to GZ to pick up the visa. Does anyone know if they will use EMS to deliver the Visa?

Yes, I believe you can choose to pickup the passport at Tienhe Post Office in 2 days or have them EMS to your place. Good luck Mark.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Gino,

My wife just gave me the bad news. The guard at the consulate on the 4th floor would not let her upstairs or take the papers to a VO for assistance. This means we brought her daughter for nothing. I am so mad but there is nothing I can do from here. If I were there, I would be at the window getting some action. Do they think I can just afford to keep them in a hotel until a new 'Interview' is made separate for the daughter? Plus she is 16 and missing class. What a mess. My wife can get her physical and interview, but her daughter will have to go back again. I hope they quickly make some accomadation. I appretiated their help in getting my wife's interview expedited, but no one looked at my petition to see the daughter was tp come to under a K4.

I hope they let her interview with her mother, then do the physical, turn in the papers and just send her the K4 by EMS...

Yes, Roger

Yes, our daughter will follow. But the parent must be present. My wife will be in the US next month and will not be in China for the daughter to interview. It is unfair to have her aunt bring her down for the interview even if they, GZ, permitted this. Plus it would be a major inconvience to my wife's sister. It is better for both K3/K4 visa's to be given together. Then her daughter can come when school is out. Of course the timing may be a problem as if she is given the K4 Jan 2nd, she will have to enter in 6 months (July2) but she does not graduate from HS until Aug. I hope we can get a months extension. Anyone heard of this? Or perhaps if we are approved for the K4 visa, maybe we can ask that it not be issued until the middle of Feb. But then we would have to have the aunt or someone go back to GZ to pick up the visa. Does anyone know if they will use EMS to deliver the Visa?

my wife hade to make the trip back to china for our daughters interview , i understand how you feel,

Mark ... i'm sorry to hear about your problems with GUZ .... but even if your Daughter can get an interview, the visa will expire before she comes here so she will have to go back anyways .... if she interviews on Jan2 ... it will expire June2 ( 6 Mos ) you say she can't come until Aug. when she is done with school .... I'm no expert here but i think she will have to go back either way.

Hope i'm wrong ....

Good Luck

Dave

Yes, Roger

Well it is 1:25 in GZU, let us all hope for some good news!!! :drunk: