Help. My wife got her P4 but the Appointment Letter does not list her 16 y/o daughter who must interview as well for her K4.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should we do? Her Interview is Jan 2nd. There are few work days left before then and they BOTH must get their physicals before their interviews. I have a feeling the hospital will not let the daughter get her physical since her name is not specifically listed on the Appointment letter with her mother.

I thought of telling my wife to bring her copy of the I-129F showing I listed them both on the petition. I hope that will do. I had my wife FAX the Embassy for advise but with the holidays upon us I am doubtful she will get an answer before they must go to GZ for their interviews. She could always try to go to the Embassy on the 27th or 28th and ask for them to correct it in person. But I don't know if they will let her up to the 5th floor since her Appointment Letter is for the 2nd of Jan 08.

Any help will be appretiated.

Mark

Help. My wife got her P4 but the Appointment Letter does not list her 16 y/o daughter who must interview as well for her K4.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should we do? Her Interview is Jan 2nd. There are few work days left before then and they BOTH must get their physicals before their interviews. I have a feeling the hospital will not let the daughter get her physical since her name is not specifically listed on the Appointment letter with her mother.

I thought of telling my wife to bring her copy of the I-129F showing I listed them both on the petition. I hope that will do. I had my wife FAX the Embassy for advise but with the holidays upon us I am doubtful she will get an answer before they must go to GZ for their interviews. She could always try to go to the Embassy on the 27th or 28th and ask for them to correct it in person. But I don't know if they will let her up to the 5th floor since her Appointment Letter is for the 2nd of Jan 08.

Mark

Mark, first, Congratulations on getting your P-4 so fast !! :)

I am not an expert, at emergency communications with GUZ, but in addition to that fax, you wife sent, I would go to their webpage and get an e-mail off to them ASAP, marked urgent !! Also, for starters, have her contact the hospital and see if she does (in fact) need the letter to get daughter's phys-exam ???

At least some staff will return to the office on Wed the 26th, and I am sure someone will see it and reply to you, given the circumstances.

If she were in GZ, she could go there and explain the situation to the 4th floor guards and have someone from the 5th floor speak to her. My wife did this, over conflicting info for our tax form notarization issue last year, and she was able to speak to a supervisor who was a USC.

As I recall your Lao Po lives in another city ??

I am sure, that some of the others here, who have more specific knowledge, will post later in the morning.

Again, I am mainly writing here to tell you best wishes, and that you have time to get this resolved, in the new week after the Consulate reopens !! Think positive !! ;)

Ditto the fax and email. Also for emergency's like this (so close to interview with holiday closings), go ahead and post it in GUZ Speaks too. GZ does read it, espically on weekends.

Ask a Mod for help in the wording of the message if you need, but you want it to be as accurate as possible so GZ understands exactly what you need and does not give you a generic answer (or none at all).

Mark

You got an interview that quick, WOW!! :angry:

I would try calling them, it costs but who cares right now!!

Ditto the fax and email. Also for emergency's like this (so close to interview with holiday closings), go ahead and post it in GUZ Speaks too. GZ does read it, espically on weekends.

Ask a Mod for help in the wording of the message if you need, but you want it to be as accurate as possible so GZ understands exactly what you need and does not give you a generic answer (or none at all).

I hate to saw this but I am drawing a blank. Where can I find GUZ Speak?

thanks

Mark

Ok Mark

Check your P3 cover letter see if your daughter's name is on that. Then Check at the end of your P4 letter see if your daughter's name is on that. Go to the interview no matter what. The VO asked Lulu if she is bring her son who is not even on her case because she does not have his custody but the VO still left the option open. The thing if will worry about is if they will let your daughter to get in the Consulate because those securities are so ¹·ÍÈ. There's a GUZ contact phone number on the PINK sheet which I don't have that with me. I am wondering whoever has that number handy that can post here help Mark out. I'll ask Lulu the number later tonight and post here. Good luck Mark

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Anyone knows if GUZ is open on Dec. 31? You may be able to straight it out at ACH if they have one on Dec. 31. Did you ask the VO last time you were at ACH?

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Anyone knows if GUZ is open on Dec. 31? You may be able to straight it out at ACH if they have one on Dec. 31. Did you ask the VO last time you were at ACH?

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28828

Not open on the 31st

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Because of the expedite, I turned in the P3 forms myself directly to the Embassy. She did not actually receive the P3 packet. This is going to be tight. She only has the 26th to get an answer. She must leave the morning of the 27th to fly to GZ to get their physicals done. She has faxed a letter and I have sent an email. I hope the hospital is a little more understanding and lets her daughter get her physical done. I did tell my wife to bring her copy of the I-129F I filed listing both of them on it. Worse case, she can go to the Embassy and ask to see a VO, with her Appointment letter and I-129F in hand. But I hope someone calls her on the 26th. I have to work and can not make it back in time for her interview. I will fly back when she has her Visa to help her (with more luggage) fly to the US. If you have a number that we do not have buy minutes, that would be great.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the expedite, I turned in the P3 forms myself directly to the Embassy. She did not actually receive the P3 packet.

Mark, you turned in the P3 forms WITHOUT your wife receiving the P3 packet because you called DOS and they saw in the system that your P3 was sent out? Your P2~P4 timeline is truly out of the norm - SUPER FAST. I would really appreciate if you could explain your process to me since my timeline is about the same as yours until when NVC sent out my papers on Nov. 16. It just "stopped" from there, simply waiting without having a clue...

Because of the expedite, I turned in the P3 forms myself directly to the Embassy. She did not actually receive the P3 packet.

Mark, you turned in the P3 forms WITHOUT your wife receiving the P3 packet because you called DOS and they saw in the system that your P3 was sent out? Your P2~P4 timeline is truly out of the norm - SUPER FAST. I would really appreciate if you could explain your process to me since my timeline is about the same as yours until when NVC sent out my papers on Nov. 16. It just "stopped" from there, simply waiting without having a clue...

Doug I called DOS on Tuesday and Friday of most weeks to find out when my P-3 was sent out. It has been around 80-90 days lately, and that seems to be the norm!

We sent back our P-3 paper work right after we knew the real one left GZU!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fiancee_visas.html

Doug I called DOS on Tuesday and Friday of most weeks to find out when my P-3 was sent out. It has been around 80-90 days lately, and that seems to be the norm!

I hope you viewed David's excellent graph of P3 submission-interview date given before you rushed your P3 back. :o

The interview dates given are filled from the end of the month forward depending upon the date the P3 is actually on the desk and assigned for interview, not date logged back.

One day can make a difference of waiting an extra month if the quota is filled. Example: First week of March is now filled, so GZ starts on the next month of April, at the end of April working forward to the beginning.

I hope you viewed David's excellent graph of P3 submission-interview date given before you rushed your P3 back. :(

The interview dates given are filled from the end of the month forward depending upon the date the P3 is actually on the desk and assigned for interview, not date logged back.

One day can make a difference of waiting an extra month if the quota is filled. Example: First week of March is now filled, so GZ starts on the next month of April, at the end of April working forward to the beginning.

Mike, yes thanks we knew that and that is why we tried to hurry!!! :o