A Breakthrough of Sorts

At least some good news to report, finally :greenblob:

We received formal notification from the Atlanta Regional Office today that our AOS/EAD/AP applications had been formally received. They told us at least 90 days for EAD and 30 days for AP. Also received the little cash register receipt. :)

Now for the bad news. I quote:

"You will be notified by mail no later than 36 months from the date of this notice whether you are required to have an adjustment of status interview."

36 months. :greenblob:

36 months. :greenblob: :greenblob:

:greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Well, I try to be positive about these things. At least we finally heard something from them and we are together to wait it out.

36 months! :o

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that they returned our money order for $50 to cover the cost of fingerprinting. They returned this in a separate envelope, along with a letter stating that K-1 did not need fingerprints. :greenblob:

It would seem each center treats this issue differently. :greenblob:

Mick, try not to worry about the 3 year interview wait. They told you that is maximum wait. I think it will likely be less time. It seems the Atlanta center is a bit :wacko: :wacko: They told us that they would call us for interview in probably 6 months or more, but probably less than a year.

When we filed our I-485 in person at the Las Vegas INS, they asked for the $50 fingerprint fee. We were told to return in one week for the EAD. We returned and received the work card in about an hour. About a week later, we received the notice in the mail telling us where to get fingerprinted. I had to wait outside for about 45 minutes while they fingerprinted her. But at least it was on a rare cool day (about 92 degrees) and I did find a little shade under a palm tree.

It appears your local BCIS center is a bit :wacko: , but at least progress is finally being made :) From hearing of yours and other AOS experiences, my conclusion is that it is probably worth applying at your BCIS office in person - even if you have to take a day off work and drive a few hundred miles.