I-131: reasons of applying for AP, help..

What are justifiable reasons to obtain AP? Can I say that I may want to go back to China to visit my family(my son is in China.) during AOS? Does any member have a sample explanation from a successful case? Thanks again! Though I'm new here, I've got tons of help from the warmhearted members!@!

If you study the 131 instructions you will see that there are personal and business reasons.

It is a little bit questionable in my mind (opinion) if they will approved AP as a contingency. However, the approval may have gotten a bit more liberal under the new fee system where AP is included if you file.

I would not say "my parents are old and if one gets sick I want to go back". I would say "Baba is 72 years old and has heart problems I need to go to China to explain the benefits of heart care and go with him to see the doctor. I am the only one in the family who can give him the confidence to seek and follow through on care."

There are many business reasons ... "I must go back to China to appear before a Notary and sign papers for ..."

When we got multi entry AP, back in olden times, we had business and personal reasons.

How much is enough??? Who knows ...

If you study the 131 instructions you will see that there are personal and business reasons.

It is a little bit questionable in my mind (opinion) if they will approved AP as a contingency. However, the approval may have gotten a bit more liberal under the new fee system where AP is included if you file.

I would not say "my parents are old and if one gets sick I want to go back". I would say "Baba is 72 years old and has heart problems I need to go to China to explain the benefits of heart care and go with him to see the doctor. I am the only one in the family who can give him the confidence to seek and follow through on care."

There are many business reasons ... "I must go back to China to appear before a Notary and sign papers for ..."

When we got multi entry AP, back in olden times, we had business and personal reasons.

How much is enough??? Who knows ...

Thanks a lot!! I'm more confident to get AP now:)

I had thought AP was a given, provided it was applied for, and the fee (if required) was paid????? (I thought EAD was included in the price of AOS?) Are these points not accurate?

I had planned on filing (after marriage) for AP so my wife could visit her family sooner than the complete AOS process took? My objective was for her to be able to visit her family sooner than what I thought to be a year to complete the AOS process. I also thought AP was as simple as "just filing". Am I wrong?? Are you saying we need "urgent" reasons to be approved for AP?

Thank you!!! as always : )

I had thought AP was a given, provided it was applied for, and the fee (if required) was paid????? (I thought EAD was included in the price of AOS?) Are these points not accurate?

I had planned on filing (after marriage) for AP so my wife could visit her family sooner than the complete AOS process took? My objective was for her to be able to visit her family sooner than what I thought to be a year to complete the AOS process. I also thought AP was as simple as "just filing". Am I wrong?? Are you saying we need "urgent" reasons to be approved for AP?

If you read the instructions it seems urgent reasons are needed. We made sure we had some.

However, in practice I'm not sure. That's why I started a thread in the AOS forum to see if anyone has ever been turned down.

If you read the instructions it seems urgent reasons are needed. We made sure we had some.

However, in practice I'm not sure. That's why I started a thread in the AOS forum to see if anyone has ever been turned down.

From the instructions:

B. If you are in the United States and seek advance parole:

1. You may apply if you have an adjustment of status application pending and you seek to travel abroad for emergent personal or bona fide business reasons;

"Emerging personal reasons" would seem to cover just about anything

Thank you!