Some Progress? Maybe?

Well, spent part of the morning at the Social Security Office trying to unravel the mess we have been in. The good news is that they have finally issued Li a Social Security number and told us "the card is in the mail". :o The odd thing is that they issued the number based on communication they received directly from the Atlanta Regional Center. Her name still hasn't been entered into the system at LAX. I wonder what happened out there and if this is common. According to Social Security Administration, it is quite common that BCIS either fails to enter the name or is very tardy in doing so. Of course, this may just be one agency pointing a finger at another. In any case, she now has a number and we are waiting on the card.

Still no word from Atlanta regarding the fact that they received our AOS/EAD/AP applications. I guess that means they haven't be "officially received" yet. :lol:

It's about time!  If they got the info from Atlanta, it looks like they are working on your filing with them. That would be a good thing.

Did you ever get that little cash register receipt?

Not yet Don. Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting..... :angry:

But the silver lining is that we did in fact receive something, that being the SSN number. I will feel better when the card itself actually arrives. Atlanta must have something on our case because they sent the confirmation directly to SSA. I still think it is highly bizarre, however, that she has not been formally entered into the data base that SSA checks for confirmation. Strange. :redblob: :o

It's about time!  If they got the info from Atlanta, it looks like they are working on your filing with them. That would be a good thing.

Good news about SSN Mick !

Now, about the lil' receipt, have you asked the dog? :angry:

Eric

It's about time!  If they got the info from Atlanta, it looks like they are working on your filing with them. That would be a good thing.

Good news about SSN Mick !

Now, about the lil' receipt, have you asked the dog? :lol:

Eric

Try checking out Gizmo's litter box! :lol:

I don't think Gizmo ate our receipt. I hope not anyway. But I wouldn't be surprised if they sent it to Dave's house by mistake. :angry:

Mick,

Glad to hear that your wife will get SS card soon. Ella got hers right away but now I must try to get my 9 year daughter her SS card. They told me she must have an A number and Indy BISC sent A number on receipt. So I will go back and try again. I don't expect to hear anything else for several months on AOS status.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis